Heki 4 Skylight Not Working...

Brian Kenny

Silver Flyer
The skylight in the center of the top stopped working. At first I thought it was a fuse, so after removing some of the ventilation covers around the edge of the skylight, I found the fuse and replaced it. As soon as I put the new fuse in, the red LED started flashing, which was encouraging. According to the operation manual for the skylight, when power has been interrupted to the skylight, you must synchronize the remote control to the skylight by holding the open and close buttons on the remote simultaneously while the red LED is flashing. Having now done this repeatedly and after changing the batteries in the remote several times, still no luck. Has anyone out there had a similar problem and solved it in some way. I would be glad to hear from you.

Thanks
Brian Kenny

512Westy

1. check to see if your remote is working by taking a video of it on an i-phone. I-phones will pick up the infrared from the remote if it is working. Looks like sparking.
2. if infrared works, just keep trying the reprogramming routine. I know I posted that mine wasn't "taking" but someone recommended to just be patient, and do it over and over and hold it down carefully and continually.

Brian Kenny

Silver Flyer
Thanks 512Westy

I tried your idea with my iPhone, but it didn't really pick it up. So I tried a video camera that has a setting for taking night shots with infrared light. That saw the remote very well. What I found was that the remote was on all the time, even without pushing any buttons. I also used the camera on a known good remote from a TV, which behaved more as expected - when a button was pushed the infrared blinked until the button was released. I'll see if I can get a new remote from Dometic.

My wife was probably wondering what I was doing in a dark closet with a video camera and a TV remote ;)

Thanks again
Brian Kenny

512Westy

Very strange! It may be that the buttons are stuck. There have been many posts last year on the malfunction or failure of the buttons. Some people seemed to have success by taking the cover off the remote and accessing the switches directly. These posts may be on the yahoo group site. My memory is that the remote is extremely expensive so it may be worth your while checking into what they did. I did not have issues w/ mine so i wasn't paying close attention to their solutions.
Good Luck!
David

Top Bottom