Remote locking problem, anyone have this?

neubath

Seems when I remote lock the driver door it doesn't lock, but the rest do, and I don't get the triple turn light signal, if I unlock they open and I get one flash but when I go to re-lock drivers door it is doing nothing, anyone have this?

mendonsy

If it doesn't do anything, it is probably a loose connection or a broken wire. If it tries to lock and doesn't, it is a bad actuator.

surlyoldbill

Take off the door panel and check the wiring. Mine was all chewed up in the door stop arm. Fixing it didn't fix my no-lock problem, though.

Coast2Coast

2006 158 Cargo
My sprinter doesn't lock on first button press but on 2nd one it goes through the cycle and on 3rd time it locks. Any idea? I'm going to LA end of the week and would like to keep the valuables safe ! :shifty:

david_42

My sprinter doesn't lock on first button press but on 2nd one it goes through the cycle and on 3rd time it locks. Any idea? I'm going to LA end of the week and would like to keep the valuables safe ! :shifty:
The first thing to do is clean all of the door contacts.

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
It's unlocking the first time as the circuit isn't seeing all doors as shut. I used to have the same issue on an ongoing basis with my T1N, the usual culprit was either the side or rear door contact pins or plates. A quick scuff clean fixed it until surface corrosion took hold again!

The other possibility - as suggested - is a worn solenoid.

Thankfully a change in design means NCV3s don't suffer the same way.

Last edited:

neubath

What I am finding now is that I have to manually lock and unlock the driver door with the key then all the other doors work as normal. So I think it's an issue related to the driver door.

Crapu

Hello.
Using a voltmeter (or a control lamp) check the available electricity between black and blue wires while you lock/unlock the car. If needed use a needle to pinch the insulator and to have contact with the wires inside.
You should have the following:
Locking = Blue + / Black -
Unlocking = Blue - / Black +
1) If electricity not available it seems to be a cable problem.
- 1st check the cables between the door and body, with the door fully open take out the rubber cover.
- 2nd check the same locking/unlocking but use alternatively - from the body (ground). So you'll check + . And then use a + (even direct from battery) and check - from central locking sistem.
2) If you get electricity between black and blue, you have to check the electricity between Blue and White. On the lock is a switch which makes the contact between black and white while the door is closed.
If you have electricity between black and blue but no electricity between white and blue it means that switch is not operating. But door must be CLOSED otherwise it will not work!
Finally, if you have electricity between blue and white (with the door closed) it means either the electric motor is out of order either it is working but mechanical sistem inside the actuator is used.
If you like, you may try another easy way, disconnect the 2 plugs (yellow and blue) and activate the actuator directly, using + and - and connect as I described above. But the door should be closed!
I'll attach 2 photos, one is a wire diagram I did for me but I hope it will assist you. Red in the picture = white in the circuit.
The 2nd one is an opened actuator, I did it 2 days before because I had a problem.
You'll see 1 screw (there are 2 actually but you can see only 1) I fixed the mechanical sistem because the motor working but not always closing/opening..
Hope you'll succeed!

Attachments

autostaretx

Erratic Member
There was a thread (almost a year ago?) showing wire damage caused by the swing-limiting mechanism on the driver's door hinge edge.
If i recall correctly, the damage was hidden inside the A-pillar, but visible when sought for.

--dick

Top Bottom