No power to the starter

Dan_Clizer

I've just encountered something I'd like to throw out to everyone and see if anyone has had a similar issue. Just went to start my 2003 and there is no power to the starter. Instead, the fan (on the front side) of the radiator comes on. (There seems to be a fan on the front side and on the back side of the radiator)
I've had an issue with it probably 7 or 8 times over the last two years where I will go to start it and there is nothing when I turn the key to engage the starter. What has worked in the past is just to turn it off again and then turn it back on quickly.
This time is different. There is no power to the starter, it simply goes to the fan instead!

Has anyone encountered this? Any help, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Dan

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
I've just encountered something I'd like to throw out to everyone and see if anyone has had a similar issue. Just went to start my 2003 and there is no power to the starter. Instead, the fan (on the front side) of the radiator comes on. (There seems to be a fan on the front side and on the back side of the radiator)
I've had an issue with it probably 7 or 8 times over the last two years where I will go to start it and there is nothing when I turn the key to engage the starter. What has worked in the past is just to turn it off again and then turn it back on quickly.
This time is different. There is no power to the starter, it simply goes to the fan instead!

Has anyone encountered this? Any help, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Dan[/QUOTE

The fan is your best clue. This indicates either that the ECM is not being powerd up or the communication between it and other modules is disfunctional. Drop me an e-mail for easy DIY troubleshooting hints.

abittenbinder@yahoo.com

Doktor A

Last edited:

Dan_Clizer

Thank you very much abittenbinder! Your help is sure appreciated. I will send you an email.

Dan

Thank you,
Dan[/QUOTE

The fan is your best clue. This indicates either that the ECM is not being powerd up or the communication between it and other modules is disfunctional. Drop me an e-mail for easy DIY troubleshooting hints.

abittenbinder@yahoo.com

Doktor A

Top Bottom