2004 Doge Sprinter - EGR valve question

bydesignets

I have a 2004 Dodge Sprinter with 153,000 miles, the EGR valve is now bad and to replace it costs over $600, which given it has that many miles just doesn't seem worth it. I have read that cleaning it will work as well. I am looking for sprinter mechanic that is willing to clean it, looking for someone closer to the north of boston or just over the Mass border of NH, I can't afford to spend that kind of money on it. Thank you.

Turbo John

I have a 2004 Dodge Sprinter with 153,000 miles, the EGR valve is now bad and to replace it costs over $600, which given it has that many miles just doesn't seem worth it. I have read that cleaning it will work as well. I am looking for sprinter mechanic that is willing to clean it, looking for someone closer to the north of boston or just over the Mass border of NH, I can't afford to spend that kind of money on it. Thank you.
Get rid of it...........buy a Green Diesel Tune........It wont matter then

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Can you clean it yourself?

I don't think it's that hard, but then I could be wrong as it depends on the individual.

Can you clean it yourself?

I don't think it's that hard, but then I could be wrong as it depends on the individual.
OR

Use the search in the blue bar above to find the procedure. Armed with that information most any qualified mechanic could clean the EGR.

Cleaning... off the top of my pointy head.

A Torx bit set. Remove 3 fasteners.

A C-clamp and cushion pieces or a hose pinch tool to help minimize coolant loss.

An EGR gasket.

A soft face hammer. Be careful not to break anything.

DO NOT LET ANYONE REMOVE THE SPECIAL TORX FASTENERS WITH THE REJECTION NUB INSIDE.

Some carburetor cleaner.

Best to go to the search above though. vic

Top Bottom