Foot step at side door

AzteK

Blah Blah Blibbidy Blah!
Hey, is there an easy way to remove the foot step at the side door? Mine is filled, well ok, not filled, but its got quiet a bit of rocks underneath where the door arm slides, and the rocks an arm conflict with each other, scrapping an grinding about. There isnt enough space to vacuum the rocks out. I was thinking the plate itself could just "lift" up to clean the area quickly, and effortlessly.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Run an air compressor gun through it, that will save you the time of trying to get those plugs out of the step, without destroying them.
Richard

SprinterUSA1

A crevice attachment for the vacuum should do it also. Not the stupid shop vacuums though. Those attachments are the size of a telephone pole. Try a regular house vac.

SprinterUSA1

AzteK

Blah Blah Blibbidy Blah!
i got a regular sized crevice attachment, though its still to wide to fit. We used to have a small vacuum attachment bag, but I wonder if it was to small for rocks.

So, you want me to blow all the rocks to the back, so more will fill up, then I got a playground under my step?! The bugs will love me then :P

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Oh! Think about it:hmmm: a air gun has a very small nossle you direct the gun to blow it out of the crevice adjust the pressure to suite, or draw the gun backwards from the van to reduce the airflow. Alternative use a small child with little had small fingers to pick them up and give the kid a few cents and a lolly pop for his or her services
Nothing is impossiable, untill proven impossiable.:rolleyes:

Richard

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Hey, is there an easy way to remove the foot step at the side door? Mine is filled, well ok, not filled, but its got quiet a bit of rocks underneath where the door arm slides, and the rocks an arm conflict with each other, scrapping an grinding about. There isnt enough space to vacuum the rocks out. I was thinking the plate itself could just "lift" up to clean the area quickly, and effortlessly.
If I were you I'd remove the step and take a peek.

If you did have rocks in there scraping and grinding, you probably have bare metal in there and it will rust...

saving 4 plastic plugs is just not worth it.

If you are carefull they come out not to bad, but with a few gouges in them...

I had some rust in there and scraped it off and sealed it with zink rustproofing...

Cheers
George

Top Bottom