Interest in new sub forums for older models?

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
I'm just wondering if forum members feel whether it would be worth having a sub forum for owners of models pre-2000?

I'm thinking primarily the first generation Sprinter and perhaps even the T1 "Bremen Transporter" models?

There does seem to be input from owners of these models from time to time, although maybe the Sprinter talk forum covers it already?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Simon we have the Tin section including the NCV, plus off topic and or adventure,
off-Topic -forum etc, set up can be hard to navigate as older threads irrespective of which section you choose migrates into archives and dissipates into historical archives, hard to find if your a novice and or can't be bothered to use the search feature!:bash: I do get lost trying to remember a thread that was of particular interest, with a current topic on today's forum.

Seek may be able to sort it out,:idunno: but the dynamics are charging on the forums format as to incoming Fords, Fiats, and other makes hitting the U.S sector sooner or latter.

That one will be a challenge and I can see separate sub columns being set up for those, as it is already messy with alternative makes hitting the forums of late.
The models you refer to have already been written up on the forum , but they just disappear into archives as well.

However you do make a valid point., where Mercedes has many commercial applications and model variants that U.S does not have, like the Vito and the new incoming Citan
mercedes_Citan-small-Van.jpg
Maybe the NCV NAFTA vans should be placed into older models, as they are not anywhere near as to being up-to-date:shhh: with what everyone else is getting to day.:popcorn:

Cheers Richard

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Totally accept that in expanding the forums things may become too dilute. The categories are good as they are, just nothing for the older vehicles (some of which carry a Sprinter badge).

Easy for me to say and suggest too - I'm not the one who would have to do it!

On a different note it's also clear some forum users don't currently understand either how to easily view New Posts and/or duplicate or triplicate the same post believing it will somehow reach more readers - some education needed?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Yep: On the latter comment! Have you noticed how many first posters don't get a reply of late, or in as many cases don't bother to reply to their first posting, for those who tired to communicate.
Richard

talkinghorse43

I would like to know more about the earler models, so I'd second anything that would encourage more participation by those owners.

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
I have similar thoughts to MIG. In my attempt to keep these other non-NAFTA and older model-related threads from completely disappearing, I have moved some to the UK sub-forum (on the theory that the default of Sprinter Talk or T1N are [at the moment] dominated by NAFTA owners).

The Aussies seem to be doing well to keep to their side of the forum. But "regionality" may not really fit for Europe as the Sprinter market has apparently been [driver's side excepted] homogenious for as long as current owners are concerned. So, rather than Europe/UK or /other country, maybe Europe/T1, T1N, NVC3, Bremen, etc.?

mendonsy

It is a good idea on the surface BUT there are already a lot of posts in the wrong forums. It seems like this might turn into a nightmare for Seek to keep straight.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
We can have a section or category for T1's. Is it going to be in the same format as T1N's and NCV3's (talk, write-up, database?)?

It wont hurt to have it. If it doesn't work, we can always move them.

ps. Yes, I'm working to separate the write-up & database into subforums. Just gotta figure out the sub-categories.

Top Bottom