North America: 2008 rumor of fewer 3500s available

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
In a passing conversation with PDX Freightliner, it was imparted to me that the number of 3500s dealerships are "allocated" may be significantly reduced in 2008.

The sales person said that Chrysler Vans isn't divulging how they calculate the numbers granted to dealerships, but "fewer than before" seems to be the guidance coming from corporate.

I think buyers should talk to dealerships about it sooner than later if a 3500 is one of the possibilities. I wouldn't consider this message a fact, just because I'm posting it; just a discussion point.

-Jon

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
IN part US dollar weakens, Euro increases in value results price increase.
US credit problems Liquidity, and recession Major Banks refusing credit at discounted interest prices, US interest rate cuts to increase economic expenditure World banks increase interest prices to avoid over heating of the economy putting the brakes on credit acquisition of easy money low risk..... Gone.... Not available in the US look at the housing sector. as an indicator and a massive 16% default rate by worlds standards mortgage defaults are 1.6% elsewhere,.
Cerberus has to pay for these,It is very vulnerable at the moment to defaulting, as too the many private equity firms have collapsed in the US. Cerberus if it has a call on funding will not be in a position to refinance at break even point, of profitability to reshape Chrysler, with out Federal backing of secured and guaranteed funding... Daimler AG has full control on the shares!!! they are the main mortgagee of Cerberus Chrysler: AG will not send consignment stocks, for them to sit on a lot, at their expense, where demand and supply to china, India and Russia, exceed capability to provide the range of Mercedes-Benz commercial units, that are sold at profit , not at discounted losses. The New management has to learn an awful lot real quick. Benz dictates who gets what by supply and demand.
2008 2009 the US economy is supposed to turn around if Cerberus has any séance it will start to pre order now. if it wants to sell volume, but equally it will have to get the dealerships to spend money for training management personnel them through the ranks, to maintain those Sprinters.maybe it's not a priority for them:idunno:The dealer ships that is? It will be interesting to see which way it goes.
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Not just me:shifty: the Canadians are on a war path over this, and a class action suite has been started , over the manufactures and pricing structures.
Either the price decreases.. or US prices will have to increase as to the lower US dollar value .
Canada's dollar is on par with the US dollar and will out value the US dollar, Aus Dollar has hit an eighty year high we are now at 90 cents to the US dollar.The last time Aus had 90 cents in the Dollar was Feb 1980 we devalued for the last time,and let it run on an open trading market.
This time around Canada and the Euro as well as Australian dollars will not devalue as we did this in the early seventies with a free fall dollar.
This can only mean the US dollar will continue to decline making it expensive to import anything from overseas but puts the US in the position to export at more competitive prices.
downside your fuel will increase as to supply and demand on OPEC pricing structures Singapore dictates the Diesel prices.
The joke with half price Sprinters! is just that, a Joke, but the discrepancy's of other countries paying the price with unfair trading practices is starting to bite and hit home. Even Canada has the situation of the Polly's ducking for cover on this issue, as it just will not go away, this time round.. ten grand difference between US makes, versus Canadian models does not add up? Canadian customers pay higher taxes, there are differences in how the vehicle qualifies for the CA market emissions extra corrosion cover, warranties etc, but this does not equate to huge imparity of the pricing structures.
Even Daimler AG has a problem explaining this one:idunno: to the European watch dogs, as to anti competitive trading on cross boarder transactions.
Sprinters are imported direct from Germany into Canada yet they are under Control of the US Chrysler division.
These should be sold and serviced as a Mercedes-Benz proper, via the Canadian Mercedes service outlets, the complicated set up of licensing of the Sprinters sales is where the problem lies, and the politics of both Government and manufactures controlling to fix pricing structures via the franchise out lets.
Richard
Adding to the comment of supply If a certain number of sprinters do not exceed a certain number I think it's 39 thousand then the European Courts can not sue Daimler for anti competitive trading or price fixing they are deemed limited export quantities after that Please explain so we can sue you, which they have done three times since 1995.
Where part of the problem with Sprinters being sold in the US was management, Chrysler US division has to spend the money to promote not Daimler AG
Dealership franchises also have to foot the bill for the license to sell the said products, train staff in sales as well as all levels through out it's management.. to be fully successfully.
In fairness when you look at the size of the USA and it's population the sales are very small in comparison to other brands and makes local or imported, It simply comes down to what the dealerships want to do with the Sprinters! sell them or leave them in the back lots ? If they intend to promote and sell the said Sprinters! Then a massive amount of money will have to be invested to make a mark for Commercial sales in the US , this starts with Cerberus and it's Chrysler division of management This is now stickily a US management learning curve .

Last edited:

rwschy

Sprinters are nice but not that nice if they stop importing them, oh well. It maybe hard to believe but US car companies are making some world class products of late.:tongue:

rwschy

Ford has the Transit (or something like that) that was better than old Sprinter.Maybe the next super Transit built in the US?

tab380

The Drain Doctor
All I know, If I had to pay an extra $10,000. for a Sprinter, I would be driving a Econoline or Chevy.:thumbdown:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
:smilewink:I was egging you along.
Both The Mercedes Sprinter and VW Crafters pulled of the van of the year a first for two vans to win the award in a single year essentially they are the same Van but different engines and transmissions.
We have the Transits here
DSC00156 (Large).jpg

DSC00155 (Large).jpg Put them side by side and you would see the differences in both quality, engineering and performance.. The sprinters win hands down.
There is a huge difference towards cost $$$$$ the Ford is almost ten grand cheaper again it lacks the same quality safety that is in the Sprinters and Vito range of vehicles.
PLUMBER LOVE THEM :crazy: !/#3 price difference :smilewink: Ford will stand alone in the US but the Ford UK Transit Euro 3 engine, is group of a low powered 4-inlines! so you have the no go for towing:thumbdown:
Ford Fiat VW Fiat are the main sellers elsewhere in the large van category. Factories can't keep up to supply, if a special order.
But the time frame is around 12 to 14 weeks for a purpose bulit van, even down under.
Richard

Last edited:

rwschy

BOY
you fell right in to my trap head first:professor:

PS if you want to sell in the US you better sell it CHEAP thats the reality, get it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
In a passing conversation with PDX Freightliner, it was imparted to me that the number of 3500s dealerships are "allocated" may be significantly reduced in 2008.

The sales person said that Chrysler Vans isn't divulging how they calculate the numbers granted to dealerships, but "fewer than before" seems to be the guidance coming from corporate.

I think buyers should talk to dealerships about it sooner than later if a 3500 is one of the possibilities. I wouldn't consider this message a fact, just because I'm posting it; just a discussion point.

-Jon
Well Jon in reference to your first post , the latest figures from LLC. Inventory show a clear inventory stock reduction down to 75% when it was almost twice as high this time last year.. Too much stock standing in the lots! is not the key to profitability. It is clear Sales continue to drop as they have since peak sales of 2005.
MB planed a 5% cut back for sales for export to the States with the Sprinters.. Late last year 2006, to reduce. and or as a correction towards the US sales for 2007.
2008 - 2009 Is when. If all goes well! there will be an overall increase in Auto sales in the States, as the economy adjusts towards continued growth.
Future market corrections, will prove it right or wrong:idunno: Lets hope for the Right Directives with management.
Richard.
CHRYSLER LLC announces overall September 2007 US sales.
Down 5%... with retail up, and fleet sales down as planned.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

Top Bottom