Arrgghhh!! Stupid Mopar Parts!! - Help me find a window!

Colorado_Al

OK. Still on the hunt for a fixed privacy glass window for the sliding door of my 03 T1N 158".
I have ordered 2 times through the local Mopar parts place here in Boulder and both times wrong part! They have no idea what they are looking at! Does anyone have the correct part number for this window?
The part I think it is = 05104245AA
Can anyone confirm this or provide me with the correct part number?
Thanks!

Colorado_Al

Berry Dodge thinks it might be part # 05134043AA called Short Body Side Glass Privacy, but they are not sure. I don't want to spend $100 to have them ship me the wrong part.

Anybody?
Thanks!
Al

Colorado_Al

Wait, Now they think it is # 05104363AA, but that says "Heat Absorbing" does not sound like Privacy glass to me.

Colorado_Al

MB of Westminster thinks it is # A9017350409 but they also say Heat-Absorbing. This is starting to make my head hurt...
Anybody know where I can find one in a wrecking yard?

Last edited:

Gulf SV

Kevin Burns
Al,
Here are the numbers for what I ordered and installed. A quick glance through the 06VA.pdf file will put you onto the proper numbers for each side.
5104246 AA weather strip
5104245 AA Glass Bod Glass body side from 06VA description
5104364 AA weather strip
5104363 AA Glass Sid GLASS, Side Cargo Door, Fixed from 06VA description

If you're still being hassled call Arthur at Byers Automotive in Columbus, Ohio 614-577-0082

Gulf SV

Kevin Burns
I'll bet heat absorbing is just a fancy term for tinted. Don't get your hopes up to high on the tint. Privacy is not that dark. I had to have mine tinted at a shop in town.

Check out this page.

Last edited:

Colorado_Al

Thanks. Looking at your pictures, the glass that you got is "Heat-absorbing" whatever that means. There is a factory tinted window that is called "Privacy" that is quite dark.
Anyone?

Gulf SV

Kevin Burns
I ordered Privacy. The invoice numbers are for privacy. Don't have the cartons anymore, but I doubt they incorrectly shipped both windows. Then again, I could be wrong.

Colorado_Al

Understood. Maybe I'll go around some of the auto yards in Denver next time I'm there and have a look. I'm tired of my local Mopar parts shop not having any idea about Sprinters. MB here doesn't seem to have much more idea either.

Gulf SV

Kevin Burns
I'm lucky to have the guys down at Byers, especially Arthur. And they are local, so no shipping charges. If you really get stuck, call them and see if the parts can be drop shipped to somewhere near you.

BTW, I paid 147.88 for both seals and both windows. That was in April.

Added: I just called Byers. Unfortunately no drop shipping. But they said to call and they could provide quote for bargaining purposes.

Last edited:

Al,
Glad to see you're getting the info you need from Kevin.

To be honest, I was a little disappointed to see Kevin jump in on the thread. It would have been fun (for me, not you) to see how many consecutive posts you could have gotten to without interference from any of us. :tongue:

Maybe for your worst case scenario. When I bought my 2004 it came with very dark glass. Turns out it is an aftermarket tint film applied to the inside. So far it's been really durable. Much more forgiving than it should be for the way I treat it. The dark tint is great to have, except at border crossings. The officier always wants to stick his head in my window to see who's in the back. Have fun. vic
Understood. Maybe I'll go around some of the auto yards in Denver next time I'm there and have a look. I'm tired of my local Mopar parts shop not having any idea about Sprinters. MB here doesn't seem to have much more idea either.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
The words "Privacy" and "Glass" do not appear side by side in the Dodge part catalogs for T1Ns.

The same is true for the cross reference part number docs:

http://starparts.chrysler.com/home/MBChry.pdf
or
http://starparts.chrysler.com/home/Chry.pdf

... and EPC knows about privacy glass for NCV3s, not for T1Ns....

http://epc.startekinfo.com (with the world passenger car and light transport subscription to get Sprinter part numbers in "MB-ese").

Contact the Sprinter Engineering Compliance Team (www.sprinter-engineeringcompliance.com).

Tell them you have a 2003(?) Sprinter and you want to know the part numbers for Privacy glass.

For context, the current Sprinters use Sales Code W70 for privacy glass.

Ask for the 2003 equivalent part numbers for 906's ("906" is Daimler for NCV3) sales code W70.

I think you have a 903.662, but I'm not sure. I have a 906.663 in case you're curious.

-Jon

Attachments

Gulf SV

Kevin Burns
Al,
Glad to see you're getting the info you need from Kevin.

To be honest, I was a little disappointed to see Kevin jump in on the thread. It would have been fun (for me, not you) to see how many consecutive posts you could have gotten to without interference from any of us. :tongue:

Have fun. vic

Glad to be of service! :rad:

There is that guy in Britain. No, wait, MB shut him down because he was unfair competion to the USA MB dealers who don't know the product line.

SPRINTERUK

HERE TO HELP
hi
the part number for privacy glass to fit in you side loading door

a9017350010 glass
a9017350920 seal

mercedes always call tinted glass heat absorbing

hope that helps

cheers

chris

Colorado_Al

Well after all of that, the only glass # that my local Mopar guy could get was 05104363AA. $65
It is the correct glass for the sliding door. It is labeled as Heat Absorbing but it is not tinted. Slightly greenish. I have a good window tint person here in Boulder that I'll take it to.

Berry Sprinter has it for $55, if you're close to them.
Thanks all for your help!
Al

PS- Local MB shop could get the Heat Absorbing glass for $115, but not the privacy glass either.

Last edited:

Top Bottom