Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > T1N Sprinters > T1N Talk

T1N Talk General Discussions related to T1N Sprinters.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
renchr56

Default Trans problem ????

Hello everyone. I have an 04 Sprinter. I just replaced the transmission because it was definately bad. But before I did, I took it to the dealership. At first it had the electrical valve body problem. They replaced that. It lasted a week and I took it back to them. They then tried with aTCM because they said that they couldn't talk to the puter. That did not work and they said that I needed a new tranny. Well I knew that I was going to need one so I replaced it. Now when I go to take off after vehicle gets into 2nd gear going slowly and then into 3rd and 4th I have a shudder/vibration. It will be very noticable from about 20-35 or 40 MPH. Hiway speeds it is great. But when slowing down or accelerating up to 40 it is there. I was reading bout the RSN and it really doesn't appear to be that. Any suggestions??
renchr56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
Aqua Puttana
Poly - Thread Finder

Thanked 14,239 Times in 9,040 Posts
Default Re: Trans problem ????

Is it a new, rebuilt, or used transmission? It sounds like a bit like "classic shudder", but that is usually associated with older transmission fluid.

There's some info about transmission noises in this thread if you want to wade through it. Good luck. vic

Rumble Strip Noise Transmission Drive Train Shudder
http://sprinter-source.com/forum/sho...ht=rsn+shudder
Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. Publilius Syrus
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't." HaWiiLuVeR
16 ounces of unnecessary prevention can be worth a pound of manure.
Aqua Puttana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
renchr56

Default Re: Trans problem ????

It was a reman tranny. Just got off the phn with the reman guy. He said that because Mercedes didn't release the convertor clutches til just recently, that he has been putting in aftermarket clutches. He said many ppl had complained about this shudder and was told to put on about 300+ miles and it should clear up. As he said that the new clutches needed to be worn down a bit. It is a wait and see situation. The tranny came from SilverStar transmission in Ok... Guess it is a wait n see.......
renchr56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to renchr56 For This Useful Post:
Aqua Puttana (07-11-2011)