Cargo lights.

525rider

Does anybody have wiring diagram for cargo lights on 2011 144"?
I'd like to have the light with control switch in front.
Thanks
Frank

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Does anybody have wiring diagram for cargo lights on 2011 144"?
I'd like to have the light with control switch in front.
Thanks
Frank
When you say 'front' do you mean from the front seat or above the side door?

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Good answer...

On the rear door lamp, of course you know there is a switch...
That lamp has 2 pairs of wires. One for the bulb (like all the bulbs, and each bulb is wired seperately to the main relay). The second pair is for the switch (controls the relay).

Here's what I did... since I do not use the rear door as an entrance, I swapped the rear lamp/switch with the side door one. In doing so, I pulled the rear switch wire out of the harness and relocated it across to the swapped side door lamp switch.

***Do not cut the switch wire short... from experience, the computer freaked out (resistance issue).

You could possible add a second swich, but I suspect you'd need to do some nifty (3 way) like wiring. Keep in mind, the computer runs the lights.

getarpicker

Hello all and thank you for a great site I hope I am doing this right and if not I am sorry got a 2007 dodge sprinter and the side door cargo light and the door ajar light does not work any ideals on how to fix this small problem thank you

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
From the service manual:

(no picture of the switch in the service manual)

DESCRIPTION
This vehicle has a door ajar switch for each door. Each switch is concealed within and integral to its respective door latch unit. The switches are momentary contact-type units that are actuated by the mechanisms internal to the door latch. A short pigtail wire and connector on each door latch connects the door ajar switch to the vehicle electrical system through its respective door wire harness.

The door ajar switches cannot be adjusted or repaired and, if ineffective or damaged, the door latch unit must be replaced.

OPERATION
The door ajar switches are actuated by the mechanisms internal to the door latch. When a door is closed and properly latched, its door ajar switch is an open circuit. When a door is open or only partially latched, the door ajar switch is a closed circuit. The door ajar switches are hard wired in series between a body ground and the Driver Door Module (DDM) (also known as the door module or the door control module) or the Body Control Module (BCM) (also known as the Signal Acquisition and Actuation Module/SAM). The DDM or the BCM reads the hard wired door ajar switch inputs through internal pull-ups, then uses these inputs to control many electronic functions and features of the vehicle. The DDM or BCM also sends electronic door ajar switch status messages over the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus.

The door ajar switches as well as the hard wired inputs and outputs of the switches may be diagnosed using conventional diagnostic tools and procedures. Refer to the appropriate wiring information. However, conventional diagnostic methods will not prove conclusive in the diagnosis of the door ajar switch or the electronic controls or communication between modules and other devices that provide some features of the interior lighting system. The most reliable, efficient, and accurate means to diagnose the door ajar switches or the electronic controls and communication related to interior lighting operation requires the use of a diagnostic scan tool. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.​

-Jon

PS: here's the wiring diagram

Attachments

Last edited:

getarpicker

Thank you for the info in the sliding door frame where the door latch is located there are two plunger type switches one at the top of the door and one at the bottom, but there are no wires running to these, are these sensors or switch's. is the switch located inside the door by the handle do you know how to go about changing the switch and where to get the correct parts, Thank you again norm

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Norm,

Provide your VIN and I'll find the part numbers in EPC (MB's electronic parts catalog, epc.startekinfo.com) The hardware you're looking for is not in the front of the slider or the front of the slider door frame. I believe they're on the back side of the slider door frame. Open the slider, lock it all the way back, wander towards the rear and look at the slider door edge's vertical surface facing you as you look forward.

The Dodge service manual instructions are attached

-Jon

Attachments

eligar

08 311cdi ex Aus Post
All my interior lights are working properly, except interior lights are not being activated when drivers door is ajar. I was struggling to find any contact / activation pins around the drivers door to check but above posts suggest that indeed the switch is located within door latch. Is that correct for my model, has anyone had any success in fixing a similar issue?
2008 - 311 - NCV3 - WDF9066332E003708 3

eeazye

There is a micro switch in the latch mechanism. I had my door panel off to replace the door check strap over the summer and did some diagnosing. I unplugged the latch and and jumpered the two wires for the interior lights and they popped on. Tried it a couple times to verify.

Took the latch out and didn't even see the switch. It looks like it is riveted into the latch casing. I just put mine back together as I needed the truck at the time.

The latch assembly is a bit pricey in my opinion, but you may be able to come up with a used one.

Good luck!

eligar

08 311cdi ex Aus Post
Thanks eeazye. Lights come on when unlock on keyfob is pressed. So, not a huge deal. Was moslty curious. Not worth buying a mechanism. But great to now know where it is. Perhaps a clean and fiddle might bring it back into action..

Top Bottom