Roof A/C how does it blow warm air..

bignose13

Overhead roof A/C how does it blow warm air..
ok so the dials on the right of the dash, control the ac blower for the roof, it goes from blue to red, red being hot. Is there a factory option that is missing is that why it does not work. it only blows cold.
any help would be great.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Overhead roof A/C how does it blow warm air..
ok so the dials on the right of the dash, control the ac blower for the roof, it goes from blue to red, red being hot. Is there a factory option that is missing is that why it does not work. it only blows cold.
any help would be great.
If I'm wrong, and I believe my compadres will GLADLY inform me of such, the roof top A/C is not a reversing heat pump type compressor setup. Also, I do not believe they added an electric heating element neither. So it will not produce heat. And if i'm way off... I'll put on me flaks... and that if my former statement is wrong, then there is a chance that you do not get heat resulting form the outside ambient air temperature being too high.

I'll go hide now...

avid

Saphira's rider
Some conversions have optional heat strips in the A/C units. Mine does and it's great when one is on shore power. It doesn't provide a lot of heat but works fine for taking the chill off.

bignose13

Some conversions have optional heat strips in the A/C units. Mine does and it's great when one is on shore power. It doesn't provide a lot of heat but works fine for taking the chill off.

thank you all for the answers...i just looks weird they even have the dial that goes to the warm setting..what a tease..thank you again
at least i know it is not broken :thumbup:

why cant i quick reply, it will not let me type??? why do i have to quote ????

NBB

I've seen RV rooftops in heat pump, AC w/ heat strips or AC only. Surf the net for your specific model #.

HappyFamilyVan

Captain Ahab
For a factory roof A/C, there are seperate compressors for the front and rear.
So if you want warm up front and A/C in back...this is possible...but not the reverse.
For me...when I have heat upfront...I turn the rear A/C on and set to the red area...by setting all the way to red the compressor does not come on (at least I think not)...and use the rear A/C just to recirculate the warm area from upfront....the upfront heater produces a lot of heat while driving and the rear A/C unit does a good job of recirculation to keep the folks in back warm

cedarsanctum

re: Member
We have the rear heater, and that red part of the dial is what adjusts that. If we also had air, or you also had a rear heater, they would both work. The output would be from different places, but you would get heat in the red, and cold in the blue. Keeps the cost down, and the controls simple.

bignose13

We have the rear heater, and that red part of the dial is what adjusts that. If we also had air, or you also had a rear heater, they would both work. The output would be from different places, but you would get heat in the red, and cold in the blue. Keeps the cost down, and the controls simple.
Silly as this sounds how do i know if i have a rear heater??

cedarsanctum

re: Member
The rear heater is a long lump of plastic about 4" high and 20" long on the floor behind the drivers seat that has outlets pointing toward the middle of the van. Under the van is a box containing a heater core and fan, with coolant lines running up towards the engine. When it is in heat mode and the fan is running, you cannot miss the sound. It is very loud.

dr.ona

Thanks for asking this question...I'm a new owner and was wondering the same thing :thinking:
So it sounds like there is no rear heat on my Sprinter...just rear AC since I have the rooftop AC unit.

Robert

bignose13

The rear heater is a long lump of plastic about 4" high and 20" long on the floor behind the drivers seat that has outlets pointing toward the middle of the van. Under the van is a box containing a heater core and fan, with coolant lines running up towards the engine. When it is in heat mode and the fan is running, you cannot miss the sound. It is very loud.

Thank you i will check it out :)

Top Bottom