YOU FOLKS with the NCV3

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Any news on the RSN (Rumble Strip Noise) and whether it exists on the NCV3 that us T1N owners are experiencing on our NAG1 transmissions (5spdAuto)?

Just wondering if I should upgrade! :smilewink:

Yeah, like I have the money. :smirk:

AzteK

Blah Blah Blibbidy Blah!
this "Rumble strip noise" does it only happen every once and a while (or at least, not every time) and ony happen around the 30 and 50km/h area when accel or slowing down very slowly? Cause i get a low rumbling, pretty loud rumbling sound every now an then around those speeds. Im taking my van in for service on the 8th of Aug, and they are gunna look at it.

tab380

The Drain Doctor
I had a 03 2500 cargo that would shutter around 40mph when accelarating, but would stop after getting the trans. serviced.
my 07 has not started that yet but has only 5000 miles on it.:thumbup:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Any news on the RSN (Rumble Strip Noise) and whether it exists on the NCV3 that us T1N owners are experiencing on our NAG1 transmissions (5spdAuto)?

Just wondering if I should upgrade! :smilewink:

Yeah, like I have the money. :smirk:

Dewey mentioned a roadtrip to NY

I'd love to read about his experience.

Bandago, have you experienced RSN in your fleet? If so, have you had the 2007s long enough to make a determination?

-Jon

Bandago

We only have one 2007 and it isn't in operation yet, due to waiting on 3rd party window suppliers and rear AC manufacturers to get their act together (don't get me started, it's a nightmare).

When we talk about the 2007 sprinters on our website, we are actually referring to the new style of conversion we are doing which is an upgrade over what we have done in previous years.

I'm not actually out there driving the vans so I miss out on some of the finer details that are non-essential to getting to the next show. I haven't heard any reports of rumble issues, but given the vehicle continues to operate fine regardless, it could just be that our clients are not annoyed enough to report it to us.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Sorry for the delay lag, Time down under .
This is on all Sprinters New generation along with two piece tail shaft.
along with spring bumper stoppers.
The solution for the older sprinters is the same. Richard
driveshaftsupport.jpg

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Will this fit the older Sprinter?

If so, do you have a part number? Can we order it through dealers here and DIY install?

Thanks again

Tibor

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Will this fit the older Sprinter?

If so, do you have a part number? Can we order it through dealers here and DIY install?

Thanks again

Tibor
Tibor,

I'm having a problem determining if Richard's picture is the genuine artifact drawn as the NCV3 ""Rebound Strap" in the 2007 catalog, or not.

For the Rebound Strap, see page 208 of 2007 North American NCV3 Catalog.

It's possible that the same - or similar part, I can't tell - is on page 359 of the North American Year 2006 (T1N) catalog for Sprinters found Here.

Actually, North American Dodge Sprinter parts catalogs for years 2002 - 2007 are available.

If you get a confirmation from someone that they are

A) Compatible form factors
and
B) Stand a change of resolving T1N RSN

You'd be a hero.

-Jon

Last edited:

Top Bottom