My 1st Sprinter

kappy5003

Well it looks as though I have brought my 1st Sprinter

2005 with 165,000ks on the clock. This vehicle is a credit to the current owner a maticulous and fastidous guy. :bow:

I can't believe my good fortune stubbling across this gem, :drool:it has everything in it and more.:thumbup:

pics to follow.

Looks as though I will be heading to the east next week to cruise back to west.:bounce:

Now I'm like a kid in a lolly shop, or waiting for xmas.:rolleyes:

Cheers
Kappy

kappy5003

:bounce: :bounce:I bet the first thing you do is wash and vacuum it out.
Cheers Richard
Richard
That maybe the case, on all accounts the current owner washes and polishes it on a regular according to his partner more than himself, so I have big shoes to fill.
Is this part of the sprinter obsession I hope it's not addictive.
All those years and $1000's down the drain.
van 001.JPG
see what I mean
van 005 (1)1.JPG
van 006 a.JPG
van 009.JPG
More will bw revealed

Cheers
Kappy

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Congratulations Happy Kappy The journey begins.Trust me it can be addictive in more ways than you can imagine..
In the mean time I'll sit back in Sunny Hobart open up the quick fix glove box for drinks and lay about on the back seat drinking My favorite Bundy and Coke:drink: turn the telly on and watch the floods over the next couple of month's work their way through to the Darling Downs.
DSC01694(1) (Custom).JPG
DSC01695(1) (Custom).JPG
Nice Van enjoy your ride.
Richard

kappy5003

Hi Eric

No I didn't get your PM, still new here didn't realise I had a PM.

I tried to reply to your PM but says it's turned off and I don't recall doing it....

The guy at Narre Warren has balked I rang three times and asked for few pics but no reply.:idunno:

Reckons it was mint, last service oil, filter and spark plugs all changed.:thinking:

Must be something wrong with it, so found one in NSW bit more money but well worth it.:thumbup:

Will be heading over east next Thursday to bring her home so I will record my return journey.

Maybe some advice of the working of the forum would be welcome.

Cheers
Kappy

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Kappy look at the top right hand side of the bar Private Messages you would have notification of mail.If so click and it will drop down what is mail or notification etc.
Richard

kappy5003

Thanks Richard
Just noticed also dug a little deeper in CP and found out how to turn a few things on.

So all good at this stage, still learning.:thinking:

Cheers
Kappy

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
looks real nice:hmmm: whats the things on the vents and sticking out the mirrors?:thinking:
is it auto or manual? we will need more pics im afraid.

this is the stuff you want richard.:drool: lots of it.

kappy5003

looks real nice:hmmm: whats the things on the vents and sticking out the mirrors?:thinking:
is it auto or manual? we will need more pics im afraid.

this is the stuff you want richard.:drool: lots of it.
Hi maxextz
Its a 5 speed auto, the current owner has done all the hard work all I gotta do is maintain and enjoy.
The things in the airvents I think where some warning lights were and the things on the mirror are extra indicators.A few more pics to go on with.
CB GPS etc.JPG
Pop out stove.JPG
TV & DVD.JPG

I have only seen the vehicle from photos so there is a leap of faith, I believe there is still room to have faith in fellow man, not everyone is out there to shaft us:bash:

I will be heading east next week to drive her across country about 3900 ks, looking forwad to the journey.

As I plan to document my journey with pics, any advise on how to put it on the forum would be appreciated, posting 100's of pic's in thread would seem like a mission. So all you computer gurus teach me something new.

Cheers
Kappy

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Kappy start a new thread for the documented journey add a little info for each town or what ever your traversing through, so we can all enjoy your progress through the Great Southern Land down under. Take your water wings you may need them for the Sprinter.:rolleyes:
Photos will self load as you progress on a single thread it may take longer to load,this depends on your internet speed, and which program-plan. you took out with your IP provider .

Cheers Richard

KimolosMike

Kappy, welcome to the top of the slippery slope. That van looks like a good'un, and with plenty of toys already installed.
Looking forwards to hearing your account of the trip home.

kappy5003

No that I counting or anything,I can't wait to take possession of my new Sprinter in fact it's only 112 hours and 7 minutes not allowing for DST.:rolleyes:

Not that I counting.:wtf:

To keeps me busy and take my mind of 112 hours and 4 minutes I will be assisting my brother in law with sheep shearing for 30 hours of the next 112 hours and 3 minutes not that I counting.

I pretty level headed most of the time expect for the 82 hours that I need to occupy my mind, not that I counting you see.

I guess all you emotionally mature gents out there probably can't see where I'm coming from....:smirk:

Cheers
Kappy

Last edited:

kappy5003

Well it's official I 'm the proud owner of my new sprinter.

Landed in Sydney at 0700 after catching the midnight ratter from Perth.

After completing some legal aspects with change of ownership I headed west from suburban Sydney around 1400.

So heald up at Bathhurst for the evening in the lap of luxury, after putting the sprinter though a lap of Mt Panorama. My 1st time
near Lithgow.JPG

Mount Panorama.JPG

going up the mountain.JPG

oops.JPG

pitstop.JPG

More to follow early start in morning

Cheers
Kappy

Top Bottom