40k Service Type A, ++++++

kmessinger

I am due for a 40k service which is a Type A. At the local Dodge dealer the cost is about $250 and I provide all the parts. They follow the guide I have in my book for what should be done.

Rocklin MB told me today they had a package deal for the 40k and it was $1520! If I provide all the parts it drops to $600. To the normal service they add changing the transmission fluid and filter plus clean the injectors, add something to fuel to cut down on algea and add something to the oil. As you can imagine, I started asking questions.

I was told that since the transmission is a type 6, the fluid should be changed at 39k miles. I have found some references to that number of a mercedes forum but only dealing with cars. I was told the 60k number I had (my book shows the trans fluid change on the 2nd B service) was a number MB uses to lower the apparent cost of ownership but was not really a number the Sprinter (being heavy and all that) should be driven to before changing the fluid.

I asked for supporting documention (SB or TB or the like) and that was supposed to be emailed to me. I haven't received it yet but I hope it is coming. They were also to send me a schedule of all their prices, ala carte, which I will post when I get them.

I actually don't mind changing my trans fluid early - it can't hurt and most likely needs it with some of the places we have been. I do mind add ons that are not really justified and don't really help or hurt.

I just add it to my credit card. The world is supposed to end in 2012 anyway . . .

Regards,

Keith

avid

Saphira's rider
Keith,

You didn't make it to the dinner? It was very nice and they introduced the entire team. Everyone got a $100 dollar off coupon and a free Sprinter hat. I am still on the road out in the Sacramento Delta. We are experiencing a winter like wind storm out here today.

I went for the full monty service and will write a full report next week. The team at Rocklin is very knowledgeable and incredibly interested in customer satisfaction. In order to get that level service done in one day a Sprinter tech works non-stop. My wife is so sold on the place I thought we were going to be towing a silver MB C300 home.

More if we survive this wind storm and make it back home.

Mrdi

"They were also to send me a schedule of all their prices, ala carte, which I will post when I get them."

Thanks Keith,
Will you also post the parts you are supplying?

Thanks

kmessinger

Keith,

You didn't make it to the dinner? It was very nice and they introduced the entire team. Everyone got a $100 dollar off coupon and a free Sprinter hat. I am still on the road out in the Sacramento Delta. We are experiencing a winter like wind storm out here today.

I went for the full monty service and will write a full report next week. The team at Rocklin is very knowledgeable and incredibly interested in customer satisfaction. In order to get that level service done in one day a Sprinter tech works non-stop. My wife is so sold on the place I thought we were going to be towing a silver MB C300 home.

More if we survive this wind storm and make it back home.
I was at the dinner. My Sprinter was parked on the upper level next to the large door. Very impressive. That $100 won't go far. I wanted to win the $2500 that Graphite Dave won.

Regards,

Keith

avid

Saphira's rider
I was at the dinner. My Sprinter was parked on the upper level next to the large door. Very impressive. That $100 won't go far. I wanted to win the $2500 that Graphite Dave won.

Regards,

Keith
Okay, we waved to you when you were at the 80 off ramp near the dealership. It would have been nice if we had name tags. Did you know the guy taking all the photos? I thought maybe he was a member and going to show up with a photojournalism report of the event. Everyone there was angling to win the prizes, no doubt. I was headed to a new dealer somewhere, good for them to welcome me to Rocklin.

Top Bottom