Oil sender unit?

TimT

I want to install a by-pass oil filter ( Trabold filter ) Aswith most by-pass filters you have to T into the oil pressure sender. So I guess my question is were is the sender?

Tim

talkinghorse43

I want to install a by-pass oil filter ( Trabold filter ) Aswith most by-pass filters you have to T into the oil pressure sender. So I guess my question is were is the sender?

Tim
Sprinter has no oil pressure sender - oil pressure is not sensed in any way.

tegimr

2003 Pass 140 289000 mile
The oil light indicates the oil level. Or should I say lack of proper oil level. :)
Hmmm. I'm certain that there's wisdom in that somewhere. We just 'trust' or hope :rolleyes: that there's pressure? Anyone know why they choose not to monitor and report on pressure?

Tim

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
Hmmm. I'm certain that there's wisdom in that somewhere. We just 'trust' or hope :rolleyes: that there's pressure? Anyone know why they choose not to monitor and report on pressure?
Tim
If you think about this, most "real" oil pressure warning light alerts are caused by low oil level-a damaging low level- a far lower level than would have already triggered our Sprinters warning light. Most "false" oil pressure warning light alerts are caused by faulty senders. Many times- oil pressure sender housings are the cause of substantial oil leaks. If a vehicle is equipt with a low oil level warning system- it substitutes sufficiently(and in the case of low oil level-substitutes more effectively) for most all-oil pressure warning issues. If you experience an extremly rare failure of the oil pump or its drive chain-you're likely doomed before you could react to a oil pressure idiot light or pressure gauge. Doktor A

Last edited:

Top Bottom