Littleton, Littleton, CO (Dealership)

Rating

• Total voters

MOBILESPRNT

Good Morning,

This is Kyle Geitzenauer over here at Mercedes and Sprinter Of Littleton. I just wanted to stop in and introduce my self on here to say that we are here and able to help you with all your sprinter needs. Let me tell you a little about us, we are a full Service and Sales Dealer for Sprinter. We offer Mobile Service that includes us coming to your location weather it be at your house, job site or shop. The Mobile Service is capabe of Full Warranty and Recalls as long as it doesn't require a full lift for repairs. We do not charge a service fee for us to come to you. We also have a complimentory valet service that will come to you to get your Sprinter and bring it to the dealership if you require more services and or repairs. This service will also bring the vehicle back to you when the repairs are completed. We can do your A and B sevice all on site. We also have two full time Sprinter Techs on site at all times, walk ins and appointments are welcome at anytime. If you have anyother questions feel free to contact me on here or I will be leaving contact information at the end. Thank you for your time and have a great New Year.

Kyle Geitzenauer
Sprinter Sales and Mobile Service Tech
720-971-9360
303-738-7700
Kyle@mboflittleton.com
www.sprinteroflittleton.com

leptronjohn

leptronjohn
Hi Kyle,
my wife and I are picking p our new sprinter biased motor home this week. we will try you out and write about our experiences. Welcome to the list.
john and Kathy Oakley
Golden, co

MOBILESPRNT

LeptronJohn,

Congratulation on your purchase and I hope you have years of enjoyment and use out of it. Where did you make your purchase and did they take care of you. If there is anything that needs explained or demonstrated let us know and we can help you out as much as possible. Just call me or let me know on here when we can assist you with the service area.

Thanks and I hope your new years was great.

MOBILESPRNT

One more thing I forgot to tell you about us is that we also a 24/7 Roadside assistance program that covers the entire state of colorado.

just4grins

Our new to us Sprinter 2500, 2014, was "squeezed" in for a computer update while there from Glenwood Springs. Looking forward to a return visit. DC is a great service guy and here's a SHOUT OUT FOR DC!

Trying to get my 2017 Sprinter in for the rear wheel speed sensors safety recall. Dealer said they were down to one sprinter mechanic, and couldn't schedule me until Jan 2022!! I would think that this delay in service would be unacceptable to MB.

lindenengineering

No
The dealerships incl MB Littleton are under a great deal of pressure .
This AEM recall and all the crap that goes with it, including the bonuses to tech's has evaporated.
Its all about job satisfaction and pay scales/compensations.
Boiled down on what you take home to the missus

In conclusion the auto techs in the trade are attracted away by other brand dealers and shops offering sign on bonuses of $1000 to $5000 with full benes & vacation time . The MB birds have flown because of this re-call crap !

Just like my business we continually recruit, train, and are often desperate to find service personnel in this largely untrained, unskilled world of the auto repair business in the USA & even just to have enough competent staff just to open the doors and provide quality repair services.

The emphasis in US society is as always a 4 year Uni degree, instead high skilled trained people who of course especially in the auto repair business by the rank & file often regarded as lowlifes , swindlers / stealers, fleecers of the the American public. Who often earn money!

I suggest try to fix it yourself or learn to grow a beard like Khomeini waiting for an appointment.
Frankly as the complexity increase so the skill level decreases , get used to it more to come !
Dennis

Last edited:

lindenengineering

Really as commiseration I have already discussed other prudent factory approaches to campaigns and its associated knock on problems with Littleton.

Working as a zone rep in a past life for a big UK/Euro truck maker we simply contracted the job out to reliable Independents and certified fleet operators who we could trust for big campaigns.
My job was to visit a site, inspect the final product, view & record inspect the displaced warranty items for claimant veracity and sign it off.
It worked quite well, but mentioning that to Jerry the shop manager @ Littleton I could tell this is going to be an in house MB gig only.
MB dealers have got their nuts in a ringer on this.
It could ultimately bankrupt some dealers .
Shop revenue is seriously down due to warranty only compensation which is about 35% below retail charge out .
I am glad I am not working for MB dealers in any capacity at the moment, and the wholesale parts guys are no doubt getting the hustle to flog parts from senior dealer management a full retail to make up for business shortfalls.
Guys are quitting even from the parts sales back room due to boiler house conditions.
Motor vehicle business 101
Dennis

rollerbearing

Yes - I was wondering why they don't subcontract at least some of that AEM work out. Sounds like it is going to bury them deep.

lindenengineering

Yes - I was wondering why they don't subcontract at least some of that AEM work out. Sounds like it is going to bury them deep.
Yes to quote an unnamed source in the Littleton back office who I have known for years .
The MB dealer chain nationwide has it nuts in the wringer with this campaign .
Dennis

Last edited:

lindenengineering

As a last word on this I get the distinct impression (always have) that MB USA treats these vans like a discretionary model of private transport like passenger cars. The fact is that many use the Sprinter to earn a living .
If it was Pete or a Kenworth, the Sword of Damocles would come crashing down on them from the freight/ trucking associations.

But citing a local Longmont small family farmer who markets his meat business by using a sole 3500 Sprinter refrigerated refer van, the unit is vital for their business survival.
Having done some expensive FIE repairs etc, the van desperately needed the AEM mod. With a two month lead time it was the the best we could get in the Denver metro area .
We ended baking out the Cat & DPF to just extend the serviceability time to get the van back into service until early October..

Its no way to run a business with haphazard promises of if, and when, and how!
Dennis

titigwelder

Please elaborate
Late December I called MB Westminster and left a voicemail about replacing the starting battery. The cold snap killed my starting battery and I was going to have MB replace the battery, do a Schedule B and oil change. Never got a call back.

Early January I called MB Westminster about having a J51 module added as I got Van Life Customs scheduled to install the S&B 47 gallon tank. I spoke to someone (can't recall name) about having the J51 module added. The person at MB Westminster said they weren't familiar with the J51. He put me on hold in order to ask a tech. He comes back and says "I spoke to two techs with over 40 years of experience and they don't know what a J51 is". Ended the phone call on this note.

Called MB Littleton and ended up leaving a voicemail asking about the J51. No response. Lesson learned, no more voicemails.

Had to go over to Littleton to do some errands so decided to go by MB Littleton. Spoke to Aaron F. He was not able to get me an appointment for 3 months to install the J51. However the 3 month wait didn't work for my schedule. I travel for work and offered to leave my sprinter for a week at MB Littleton while I traveled. Aaron said he could find the time to add the J51 if left it for a week. I was able to drop my van off on a Monday morning, then pick it up on a Friday afternoon, with the module installed.

So not only did MB Littleton know what I was asking for, they worked me in, even though they didn't have to. I appreciated the effort, hence my post.

lindenengineering

Yes this is a good conscientious franchise dealership, and we work and liaise with them on daily basis exchanging repair /service info and customer referrals between us .
This dealership has our parts account doing two deliveries per day
Glad to read Aaron took care of you. :thumbup:
Dennis

Top Bottom