Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Leisure Travel Vans > Free Spirit

Old 11-27-2019, 09:27 PM   #1
glfritz

Default elect issues 05 ltv

bought a 05 ltv free spirit with 135k onit and having issues with battery drain on my engine and camper battery. I believe it is the camper draining both batterys. Im looking for a schematic that shows the disconnect between the 2 systems (camper and engine) its my understanding that the engine alt can charge the camper battery but shouldn't drain off the engine battery.
what rocket scientist put the camper battery under the seat. anybody ever relocate this battery someplace else?
having issues with backup camera not working but haven't messed with that yet
glfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:53 PM   #2
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 8,494 Times in 6,158 Posts
Default Re: elect issues 05 ltv

Only MB puts the battery under the seat ... (if you mean the front passenger seat). Any RV with adequate battery power puts them elsewhere.

Here's the 2006 service manual: http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/2006-VA-SM.pdf

Wiring diagrams are section 8W .... you will (probably) have an "EK1" terminal strip mounted under the driver's seat on the wall that's near the parking brake. Find that, and the isolation relay will be close by with big red wires attached. Most likely the relay's coil will be driven from the EK1's "D+" signal (although some RV companies used the "ignition on" signal, and put a time-delay relay between it and the actual isolator)..

--dick
((as always: this post may go through a couple of post-posting edits... so maybe give it ten minutes before commenting))
autostaretx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to autostaretx For This Useful Post:
brassarl (03-22-2020)
Old 11-28-2019, 03:44 AM   #3
glfritz

thank you very much for the manual I should be able to figure it out.
glfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:33 PM   #4
brassarl
2006 T1N 2500 Long & Tall

Mine is a 2006 LTV, this is the relay under the driver's seat that connects the coach and engine battery while the engine is running (charging). It's location is to the rear of the seat pedestal.

Hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0683 Isolator Relay.jpg (71.2 KB, 6 views)
brassarl is offline   Reply With Quote