Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Airstream > Interstate

Old 12-18-2018, 01:53 AM   #1
marshallmayer

Default Fiberglass Running Board Replacement

I can't find an answer elsewhere... I have irreparably damaged the rear fiberglass wheel flare on the passenger side of my 2005 Airstream Interstate (long story, in Mexico). The rest of the running board (it comes in two pieces) is fixable, but it will take some work. My body shop cannot find a replacement (either piece, new or used), but he may not have been looking in the right place. I figured one of you guys might know where to look. Any leads gladly followed, I'd like to keep it stock (damned good shape otherwise considering it has 230K on it, engine and tranny still working perfectly).

Last edited by marshallmayer; 12-18-2018 at 02:07 AM.
marshallmayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 12:07 PM   #2
InterBlog

Default Re: Fiberglass Running Board Replacement

Marshall, a better place for T1N Interstate-specific questions is the Air Forums Sprinter and B Van Forum. Most of us owners congregate over there. I hardly ever check this subforum here.

Now, to begin answering your question, there are actually two different styles of running boards on the T1N Interstate. I'd like to be able to break them down by MY, but Airstream seems to have mixed up the distribution of them somewhat. Maybe. I don't know.

Anyway, do you have the homogeneous kind, or the detailed kind?

There was a wrecked Interstate sold on the Copart site several months back (link below). It had the detailed running boards. If that's your kind, you might track down the buyer of that vehicle (through Copart) and see whether (s)he will part them out.

https://www.copart.com/lot/35603058/

I expect that page will be delisted eventually (given that the unit is sold), so here's a screengrab of the Sprinter:

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:04 PM   #3
marshallmayer

Default Re: Fiberglass Running Board Replacement

Thanks for the reply. Good to know where the action is. I ended up having the fiberglass repaired since a new/used one was not to be found in time (I'm in San Miguel de Allende, MX now).
marshallmayer is offline   Reply With Quote