Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > NCV3 Sprinters > NCV3 Talk

NCV3 Talk General Discussions related to NCV3 Sprinters.

Old 04-01-2020, 04:50 PM   #31
NBB

Default Re: Sprinter NCV3 EGR's

Good gawd - maybe if the van had 100 separate EGR valves, I would need 100 different codes to point me to the correct one.

Again - you fail to answer - how have you used this tool to actually repair a real world problem?

Spare me the code obfuscation thing - as if. Reality is - you have no idea what ANY of those codes actually means without source firmware. The generic OBD code - time and again - has allowed people to accomplish their repairs.
NBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:10 PM   #32
showkey

Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBB View Post
Good gawd - maybe if the van had 100 separate EGR valves, I would need 100 different codes to point me to the correct one.

Again - you fail to answer - how have you used this tool to actually repair a real world problem?

Spare me the code obfuscation thing - as if. Reality is - you have no idea what ANY of those codes actually means without source firmware. The generic OBD code - time and again - has allowed people to accomplish their repairs.
Time and time again generic Reader says EGR code. Replace the EGR with no success. Because it’s the EGR temp sensor or pressure sensor or the wire connector.

Actually some us know exactly what those codes are, the areas and test procedures and the primary suspects of the failed components or causes. Or better yet you read the shop manual.

Here’s a list to all the codes might 1500 never counted as there’s 158 pages of codes.

But they all have meaning and can be accessed on AUTEL MD802 for $100-$200. The scan tool actually has tutorial or help feature on each code giving parameters to set the code and primary causes. Absolutely it’s takes time, practice, skill and knowledge to use any scan tool effectively. We have talked 100 of times prior the scan is NOT a MAGIC wand.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/at...chmentid=98513

We are done here............OP Milestogo has a good idea what EGR codes are all about.
Original question:
“I realize swapping the EGR is the easy part but the error codes created from the failure require a Diagnostic tool to clear. I do not posses a Diagnostic tool at this time.”

Last edited by showkey; 04-01-2020 at 06:26 PM.
showkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:41 PM   #33
OrioN
2008 2500 170" EXT

Thanked 2,783 Times in 2,028 Posts

107320-full.jpg
OrioN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:45 PM   #34
NBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by showkey View Post
Time and time again generic Reader says EGR code. Replace the EGR with no success. Because itís the EGR temp sensor or pressure sensor or the wire connector......158 pages of codes.
Specifically - give an example - surely all the EGR posts to this forum, you can't find a single one? What codes via what tool - and what exactly was wrong? Again, you have no story of the tool actually being useful, just your fantasy of being prepared because you bought this toy to play with.

Also - almost half those pages are blank - did you even look?
NBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:21 PM   #35
showkey

Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,219 Posts

Think your right.

We are done here.......

Last edited by showkey; 04-01-2020 at 09:29 PM.
showkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to showkey For This Useful Post:
Ed463 (04-02-2020)
Old 04-02-2020, 03:49 AM   #36
Dima74

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBB View Post

You are over simplifying it a bit... It is a well known fact to those that use generic obd code readers and use scanners that can read manufacturer's DTCs, that mistakes happen with the generic obd code readers in interpretation/translation of manufacturer's trouble codes that in the end will result in a wrong diagnostic.

Now... If we talk about modification, forget about your generic obd codes. You have to know exactly the manufacturer's codes for specific systems that need to be deleted from the DTC mask of the ECU.
Dima74 is offline   Reply With Quote