Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Airstream > Sprinter Westfalia

Old 12-24-2017, 08:13 PM   #1
OldWest
T1N Westfalia

Default Keep Your Westy

Several Westy owners have switched to newer, sometimes larger Class C Sprinter-based RVs, some Westy owners have kept ther Westy but added another one or more RVs to their fleet, one owner has two Westies (one currently for sale), and one owner has purchased 3 Westies (and sold 2) over time.

The T1N versus NCV3 Sprinter platforms has been a subject of debate.

The T1N Sprinter engine is generally liked by LindenEngineering, Dr. A, and others (search their postings) even with their known quirks. Easier maintenance and repair than the newer NCV3s. Also, the newer NCV3 s require lower sulfur diesel than available in some countries like Mexico (yes, there were some gas NCV3 in some model years).

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...16&postcount=3

The newer NCV3 with BluTec emissions (there are different iterations) has many nice features from an overall vehicle comfort, etc., but here's an interesting thread (see LindenEngineering's post #6)

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...450#post613450
OldWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:20 PM   #2
avanti
2014 GWV Legend 3500 I4

Thanked 2,384 Times in 1,461 Posts
Default Re: Keep Your Westy

All totally true.

The other side of the coin is that driving and riding in a NCV3 is a far more refined experience as compared to a T1N. I would LOVE to have my old T1N engine running in my current NCV3 chassis. My I4 engine is a dream, but I would give it up to get rid of the hassles of the ill-conceived emissions system. That said, it is very clean, which is also worth something.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote