Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Roadtrek

Old 12-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #11
gte
2008 RS

Default Re: 2010 Sprinter Roadtrek..144"

Very nice looking unit. Congratulations!! I am certain you will enjoy getting to know and use your new "home" away from home.
gte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #12
Mein Sprinter
2010 Roadtrek SS Agile

Thank you gte.

Now that I have it..planning to take a trip to Death Valley this January and bum around the area for a month in this "home".

You might think I am an idiot. I removed the "streaming" decals of the RT Agile. My wife who is artistic thinks these decals deface the looks of a Mercedes Benz , thus they went! Removed them using her hairdryer .

This RT came with a TomTom-DVD/GPS/backup camera, etc. but is rather archaic in it's operation. Would love to change to something better! What would you suggest?

Have yet to operate the LP gen; inverter; Refrigeration; stove; coffe maker; head; furnace, etc. as it was too cold in NY when I bought her. Everything was winterized....didn't want to de-winterize her up there and test it! Anything you can suggest in a start up. It's going to be 70 F all week here. I know that I have lots of educating and reading to do but for a quickie...What do you turn on across the panel in order to illuminate all lights?

The door step platform does it's job coming out/in when the sliding door is opened/closed but the on/off button on the post does nothing! Is this supposed to overide the sliding platform operation? If so, does nothing!

cheers...
Mein Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #13
icarus

Thanked 2,520 Times in 1,702 Posts

The door post switch allows you to open and close the door while parked with out having the tel go in and out every time. I installed a positive off switch so Tht I could prevent the step from extending if it were iced up or against a curb or boulder, or covered with mud. I also lowered the step a bit on its mounts to allow more room between the step and the bottom of the truck so that it wouldn't get stuck with random gravel and sand.

The first thing I would do is install a positive on/off switch on the house battery negative. The parasytic draw on the house batteries will kill them in a short time. Also check the water in them.

Read these too:

http://www.batteryfaq.org/

http://www.solar-electric.com/deep-c...ttery-faq.html

The rig should be roughly level to run the fridge, check the oil in the genny, and as I suggested before, check carefully for water leaks.

Keep in touch,

Icarus

PS. I suggest you loop a bungee around the entire coffee maker, as it has been known to shed parts, (carafe, water res etc) going down the road!
icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #14
RT.SS

Nice looking unit indeed! Congratulations. It is better to remove the decal when it’s new, and then decide to do it later, after long sun exposures it may show some “ghosting” contrast where the decal is removed.

To illuminate the panel lights, just press and hold the momentary switch located to the far lower left of the monitor panel.

Happy Roadtrekking!
Old 12-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #15
icarus

All those ugly decals, especially those over the cab come off in under an hour with a little help from a hair dryer.

Icarus
Old 12-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #16
Mein Sprinter
2010 Roadtrek SS Agile

Thanks Icarus and Rt.SS for the input. The door switch does nuthin'! Step on platform runs every time I open/close door..arrgghh. Took me a while to figure "why does shore power not charge my all batteries". Aha.. you got to turn on the inverter! Rather stupid but it's the only way to see charge on the panel monitor!

Got 2 connected in series -6v(210 amp/hr) AGM's. =12v/210 amp/hr.

cheers...
Old 12-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #17
BobLLL

Something weird if you have to turn on the inverter. That isn't usually necessary.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #18
RT.SS

Are you talking about the monitor panel located over the sliding door, or the led indicator on the inverter? The inverter led indicators are only lit when inverter is on or if you’re plugged in to shore power. The monitor panel does not need the inverter to be on to illuminate the led indicators, but make sure the battery is on. Check the battery switch to lower right side of the panel, the battery led indicator (red) next to the switch should be lit when on.

Re: door switch, it could just be a loose wire connector(s). Check the door switch wire connections and sliding step controller connections (located on the sliding step support frame towards the rear end of the step, only visible under the van).
Old 12-21-2013, 12:43 AM   #19
Mein Sprinter
2010 Roadtrek SS Agile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT.SS View Post
Are you talking about the monitor panel located over the sliding door, or the led indicator on the inverter? The inverter led indicators are only lit when inverter is on or if you’re plugged in to shore power. The monitor panel does not need the inverter to be on to illuminate the led indicators, but make sure the battery is on. Check the battery switch to lower right side of the panel, the battery led indicator (red) next to the switch should be lit when on.

Re: door switch, it could just be a loose wire connector(s). Check the door switch wire connections and sliding step controller connections (located on the sliding step support frame towards the rear end of the step, only visible under the van).

Hmmnn... I got this Tripp-Lite Inverter/Charger..thus must be turned on.

Yes, I am referring to the monitor above the sliding door. Batts on does nothing in regard to charging the batteries(House and motor). Monitor shows condition of Batteries but shows no charge to them when shore power is connected...BUT by turning on the "inverter" switch...the "charge" light turns on- on the battery condition LED's. Regarding my ignorance..where is the inverter/charger(in my case) located in/on the Rt Agiles ??...wooo..searched everywhere...it's dark outside now. Hmmnnn...RT schematics shows its somewhere in the Head/shower area..no dice.

Thank you guys,,you all rock...

cheers...
Old 12-21-2013, 01:05 AM   #20
icarus

The inverter is under the drivers seat. You shouldn't have to turn the "inverter" switch above the door to charge the batteries. Get a trip lite manual on ine and make sure it is configured right, especially for your AGM batteries. There are a series of dip switches on the inverter. Something may be amiss, and indeed mis wired from RT (no surprise there!) When you turn on the battery switch on the wall, you should hear a relay click on the inverter.

As for your step, sounds like a mis wiring issue. There is a step manual on line, but I can't remember the make right now.

Icarus