Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > Adventure

Adventure Seeing the world in a Sprinter.
Discussion: about that Adventure Shared Driveways

Old 01-10-2018, 04:47 AM   #321
roblee

Default Re: Exploring Australia From The Left

This is an amazingly detailed account of what it takes and what it costs to do what you did. It's really a mind blower with all the details. Comparing it to what we have to do in North or South America is literally otherworldly. Thanks!
roblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:02 AM   #322
Midwestdrifter

Thanked 2,806 Times in 1,720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblee View Post
This is an amazingly detailed account of what it takes and what it costs to do what you did. It's really a mind blower with all the details. Comparing it to what we have to do in North or South America is literally otherworldly. Thanks!
You are a welcome. In reality most of the details are handled by the agents. The hardest part is getting schedules, materials, and payments lined up. Crossing borders in the Americas can be easier for sure, at least until some aduana officer in central America doesn't like your title, and wants a "fee".

Once you know the jargon, you are half way to shipping your vehicle!
Old 01-25-2018, 09:03 PM   #323
sprint2freedom
2008 NCV3 170ext

This is so awesome.

THANK YOU for putting this together and documenting it all here in such exquisite bureaucratic detail!
sprint2freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:44 PM   #324
Midwestdrifter

Thanked 2,806 Times in 1,720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint2freedom View Post
This is so awesome.

THANK YOU for putting this together and documenting it all here in such exquisite bureaucratic detail!
Glad someone enjoys this stuff!

My original posts were about half the size. Jen started checking them, and next thing I knew they were enormous, has charts and links... I am constantly reminded why she really should be making a lot more than I do (gender pay gaps are no fantasy in engineering).

If she does anything, she does it thoroughly. It isn't OCD, its CDO she says. The letters are in alphabetic order (they way they should be).

Besides, just because we had to suffer and muck our way through this uninformed, doesn't mean everyone else should!
Old 02-01-2018, 02:54 AM   #325
cws

Wow... just spent half my work day (its very quiet) going through this thread... admit I skipped most of the photo links though.
What an amazing job you've done putting all this information down, congratulations to you both.
I live in Sydney and recently bought an NCV3 motorhome to do some retirement travelling in the future (a few months off yet).
But having done "the lap" on a motorcycle towing a small camper trailer a few years ago... I could relate to many of your experiences. Didn't do a lot of the offroad stuff though... well, one attempt to get my wife to a toilet stop outside of Broome where the bike and trailer flipped in the soft dirt ruts and broke her ankle was enough to put a stop to that!
Will keep this thread linked as there is so much great travel info here, I'm sure I'll come back to it.
Might spend another quiet day reading your NZ travels in future.
Best to you both, and thanks for a great read, and the wonderful info!
Cheers!
cws is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cws For This Useful Post:
Midwestdrifter (02-01-2018)