Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Airstream > Sprinter Westfalia

Old 02-20-2014, 02:41 PM   #11
512Westy

Default Re: Remote Control Damaged - How to Open Sky Light Window?

Or you just wet your finger and swipe the rain sensor, and it closes automatically.
I found that i had to take a movie of the remote to capture the IR signal flashes. the pulses are short enough that a snapshot may or maynot capture the actual flash of the IR signal.
512Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:45 AM   #12
ecobon

I ended up pulling the bench seat forward, looking at the fuses mounted on the right hand side, pulling fuse #5, watching the LED blink on the sky light, aiming the remote and simultaneously holding the open and close buttons until the LED turned off. Everything works now. Thanks to this forum! I read through a bunch of posts until I found one about remote programming.

Again, thanks to those that responded.
ecobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:16 PM   #13
WestyTat

Question - when opening /closing skylight does the light on the remotes top (tiny black) lit up?
Not sure what happened, but the skylight and the lights that remote operates do not respond to the remote. Fuse checked (ok) ; batteries in the remote ok. After reinserting fuse #5 the light on the skylight blink red for awhile.
Any ideas where else to check? Thanks!
WestyTat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:21 AM   #14
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestyTat View Post
Question - when opening /closing skylight does the light on the remotes top (tiny black) lit up?
Not sure what happened, but the skylight and the lights that remote operates do not respond to the remote. Fuse checked (ok) ; batteries in the remote ok. After reinserting fuse #5 the light on the skylight blink red for awhile.
Any ideas where else to check? Thanks!
No. The "light" on the end of the remote is actually the infrared transmitter, so the light it transmits is not visible to the naked eye.

You can, however, "see" if the remote is working by using your iPhone. The camera on the back of the phone has an IR filter, but the camera that is above your screen does not. So, switch to the "screen" phone, and aim your remote at the camera, and press the buttons. You should be able to see a blinking light in the recorded image. This will at least tell you if the remote is transmitting...

This works on my iPhone 6; many other smartphones can see the IR emitter with their rear camera. Try it out!

Last edited by Riptide; 10-12-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Riptide For This Useful Post:
WestyTat (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:47 PM   #15
WestyTat

Yep, it's the remote. Now the easiest option would be universal remote, but can I program it without working original remote?
Thanks!
Old Yesterday, 07:40 PM   #16
WestyTat

Quote:
Originally Posted by discus View Post
I tried programming my Harmony 880 remote and it does accept the code but for some reason, the unit freezes on the down button. A single tap on the up button works fine and the skylight goes all the way up. I have to experiment some more later and also try a more conventional learning remote.
Can you tell me how you configured Harmony remote to open/ close skylight - through soft on PC or directly from original remote?

Thanks much!
Old Today, 03:33 PM   #17
CaptnALinTiverton

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestyTat View Post
Can you tell me how you configured Harmony remote to open/ close skylight - through soft on PC or directly from original remote?

Thanks much!
See ECOBON post 3-3-2014 above.

AL
CaptnALinTiverton is offline   Reply With Quote