Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Winnebago / Itasca

Winnebago / Itasca Itasca Navion, Winnebago View.

Old 10-30-2018, 05:15 AM   #1
ChiChi

Default Era 170 C sewer hose storage

We purchased a used ERA 170C 6 months ago and are very happy with it. I have been making a few modifications and trying to figure out ways to best store things and keep the rattles down. I use a portable macerator for dumping at home and that set up is working out fine. I purchased a 110 to 12V converter and plumbed in a hose hookup to a sink in the garage, nice and clean for the typical weekend trips we have been doing. We are planning a longer trip this spring and I plan to use a standard 3" sewer hose, I figure gravity never needs repairing or replacing of blown fuses. The hose storage on the 170C barley holds 10 feet of cheap hose. I am trying to figure out how to store 15" of quality hose somewhere under the unit. Has anybody been down this road with a 170C that can offer some advice?

Thanks
ChiChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 01:24 PM   #2
maasthor

Default Re: Era 170 C sewer hose storage

hi. We have a 2016 170C. Have kept our sewer hoses in plastic bags and store in the rear door compartments; the ones with netting. Of course I rinse them well and cap them off.
maasthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:20 AM   #3
ChiChi

I was thinking of storing part of the hose in the exterior compartment and an extension in a rafting dry pack and hanging that on the rack in front of the driver's side rear door.
I would prefer it to be completely outside but as of yet do not have a better solution.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChiChi For This Useful Post:
Mmview (12-29-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 05:39 PM   #4
Old Crows
Calypso 2014 View Profile

Thanked 2,131 Times in 1,340 Posts

Don't know how your ERA stores the poo hose but.... Our '10 4Winds Ventura used a section of PVC pipe for the storage tube. I added a 45 degree elbow and an extension to store a longer hose. OTH, if you have a macerator storing a short length of garden type hose may be easier and take less space. You really don't want to keep this stuff inside the RV....

Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:05 PM   #5
magicbus@usa.com

Not sure if this would work on the Era C, but in our Era A I put 6 feet of PVC slung under the rear bed down the passenger side with a cap. I open the back door, unscrew the cap and pull out the hose. You may not fit 6 feet, but can you hang or floor mount a pipe under the rear sofa and make an access port to the rear?

On edit.. Just found the floor plan and realized this is a rear bath model. Looks like you would need a vertical pipe and that could get messy.

Dave

Last edited by magicbus@usa.com; 11-08-2018 at 08:12 PM.
magicbus@usa.com is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to magicbus@usa.com For This Useful Post:
Old Crows (11-08-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 04:44 AM   #6
ChiChi

I took a look under the rig the other day and I think I have seen an area that would fit a 4x4 PVC fence post. I was thinking of hinging about 12" of the bottom side of the post to create easy access. Is there any reason that the hose storage tube if stored outside the cabin has to be air or watertight? I would use bayonet type plus on the actual sewer hose before storing the hose. Hose connectors and adaptors would be stowed separately in the area provided by Winnebago.

BTW is there a standard abbreviation for Winnebago?
Old 02-11-2019, 03:54 AM   #7
ChiChi

I cut a 4 x4 hole in the back of the underfloor storage area and inserted a 33" 4x4 post through it. I left 11 inches of the post inside of the existing box and attached it to the sheet metal box with 8 s/s fasteners I did not use fender washers as I want the assembly to tear away if it somehow hit a large object. I am able to fit a 15' Viper hose and right angle sewer connector in the space.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChiChi For This Useful Post:
Old Crows (02-15-2019)