Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > The Competition > Write-Ups

Write-Ups The interesting things that could happen when not owning a Sprinter.

Old Yesterday, 12:50 AM   #161
Graphite Dave
Dave Orton

Thanked 4,236 Times in 2,408 Posts
Default Re: Orton DIY Transit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnon View Post
Brilliant Dave. And oddly enough, I was just thinking how I hadn't used my Anova Sous-Vide machine since the early Spring after getting an email pitch from Anova.
Thank "sprint2freedom" on this site. Did not know what a Sous Vide machine was until he said that was what he used to heat shower water. Googled it and sure enough in my opinion he had discovered the simple solution for a van shower. So I spent some time trying to optimize the idea.

Today I ordered a battery and parts to make a portable 12 volt power pack so the system could be used anywhere. We live in Ca. where there are fires. Expect next fire season to have PGE regularly turn off the power so they do not get sued for starting the fire. We can use the portable shower water heater in the house to shower. Heat the water in the van and carry it into the house and power the pump with the portable power pack.
Old Yesterday, 01:19 AM   #162
HighPockets

Default Re: Orton DIY Transit

Geez, I'm glad all I have to worry about is hurricanes and tornadoes. Oh! and living just 70 miles from a SAC Base (no longer called that) but it still flies B-52's every day. Don't know if they are still going out armed with nukes or not.

Gene