Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > T1N Sprinters > T1N Talk

T1N Talk General Discussions related to T1N Sprinters.

Old 06-25-2019, 02:09 AM   #11
BrennWagon
Pete

Default Re: Stop the beeping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
What do you have for a stereo? I’ve been thinking about upgrading but the single DIN limited options and I was sure how those flip screens work out. I’m concerned about theft.
I have an obsolete Planet Audio unit that I bought refurbished after an even cheaper 4.5” fixed screen unit broke while under “warranty” but the “manufacturer” had gone out of business in the two months that I’d had it. The first one came with a backup camera and wiring but the screen was nearly impossible to use while backing up anyway but cost $60. Luckily Amazon gave me a full credit, the thing was only 20W per channel anyway.

I got that after I backed over a 3’ high post light that my brother put in the one spot that I used to be able to turn around, about half way up a 1/4 mile driveway. He was pissed and didn’t talk to me for a couple of months, even though I made a special trip up there and replaced it (80 miles from home)��‍♂️

Short story long, huh? I’m pretty pleased with it. The screen is easily visible from a natural driving position and I can even see it with my polarized sunglasses on. So far mechanically the screen functions properly, it’s also a touch screen, Bluetooth, DVD player, backup camera, etc. most of the single DIN units seem to have a detachable faceplate to deter theft and don’t look like anything special when closed.

There are definitely better units on the market with better connectivity but I’m pretty happy with it so far. Planet Audio P9759B Single Din,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KTCN43E...p_mob_ap_share
BrennWagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:14 AM   #12
GaryJ
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautamaran View Post
With the door fully open I’ve found that a popsicle stick fits nicely horizontally across the door edge and frame, and holds the switch in enough to silence the beep, and pops out without damaging anything should the door move.
I could rewire the radio and dome lights to draw power from the aux battery, but I don’t use them enough to bother... and the rear lights are LED so draw next to nothing.

I don’t have DRLs but will often manually switch the lights on during highway driving, but not often enough to make a habit of switching them off. I’ve been saved countless times by the “lights-left-on” chime...

-dave
An easier work around than the popsicle stick is to open a door and wait until the odometer light goes out (about 45 seconds) then turn the key to accessory and turn on the radio. No chime! Works on both my T1Ns.

Gary
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GaryJ For This Useful Post:
Aqua Puttana (06-25-2019), BrennWagon (06-25-2019), Garandman (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 01:14 PM   #13
Aqua Puttana
Poly - Thread Finder

Thanked 13,393 Times in 8,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryJ View Post
An easier work around than the Popsicle stick is to open a door and wait until the odometer light goes out (about 45 seconds) then turn the key to accessory and turn on the radio. No chime! Works on both my T1Ns.

Gary

There is no accessory position because there really is no need. When the key is in position #2 anything critical is timed out by the control modules eg. - electric fuel pump.

vic
Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. Publilius Syrus
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't." HaWiiLuVeR
16 ounces of unnecessary prevention can be worth a pound of manure.
Aqua Puttana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:37 PM   #14
BrennWagon
Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Puttana View Post

There is no accessory position because there really is no need. When the key is in position #2 anything critical is timed out by the control modules eg. - electric fuel pump.

vic
Seems that patience is the key. Sometimes Iím lacking in that department so the dash switch works best for me. Plus I have my stereo connected to the aux battery and I donít need to have the key in the ignition. For some reason that gives me a false sense of security
BrennWagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:44 PM   #15
white whale

Agreed , the WORST feature ever dreamed up. Another thread has saved me from this but it takes time - 60 sec or so. You've come to a stop open the door and wait until the centre light in the cluster has gone off, then turn the key to the first position. Radio w. no beep.
Close the door and re-open?, it will start all over again, unfortunately.
white whale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to white whale For This Useful Post:
Garandman (06-25-2019)