Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > VS30 Sprinters > VS30 4x4 Talk

VS30 4x4 Talk General Discussions related to VS30 4x4 Sprinters.

Old 11-08-2019, 12:32 AM   #11
Mr Makai

Default Re: 2019 Roambuilt Roof Rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick walsh View Post
I keep going back and forth on this one myself.

Outside Van has a pretty nice light bar rack. I am on the fence myself round or bar. In some ways the new 2019ís are to contemporary looking for the round lights. But you know I a,so like how they cover up some of the roof on the front and add additional length for solar.

Iím also stuck on 16ís or 18ís. Being mostly a light off road vehicle unless you plan to cut the truck into pieces and put a real off road suspension and gears on it it seems 18ís and going looks and performance makes the most sense. Iím torn myself between 18Ē Arsenalís or the 16Ē Hutchison beadlocks.

Take into account that nobody has really had their hands on one of the new vans to really start making stuff specific to them and Iím inclined to sit tight and see what people come up with. For instance Iím pretty sure the RoamBuilt front and rear bumpers and even the rear Aluminess stuff is not gonna work with all the radars everywhere.

All I can hope is people go nuts over winter in hopes of seeking a bunch of product come spring.

Iím gonna commence going nuts on my van come spring regardless. Sadly I think I got like $20K into exterior crap before I even touch the inside.

I know that didnít help it made it worse.
I think 18s that will fit in the wheel well of an unlifted 2019 will have some short sidewalls.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Mr Makai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:37 PM   #12
NJ2CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSprinter View Post
Roambuilt will start working on the front and rear bumper design for the 2019 early next year. I’m really looking forward to it. They will take a swing at designing so all sensors and distance control works properly. Patience...
This would be amazing... I'm in deep trying to figure out options to mount some additional lighting since my van doesn't have LEDs or Fogs BUT has adaptive cruise, front camera, sensors, and rear AC which is making it almost impossible to find a decent solution.
NJ2CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 05:13 PM   #13
Onefin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2CA View Post
This would be amazing... I'm in deep trying to figure out options to mount some additional lighting since my van doesn't have LEDs or Fogs BUT has adaptive cruise, front camera, sensors, and rear AC which is making it almost impossible to find a decent solution.
Van compass should have their light mount brackets for the 2019+ in fromt of the grill up for sale soon.
Get a set of those and some Baja designs LP9 lights and you should be good to go.
https://vancompass.com/collections/sprinter-4x4-2019
Onefin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Onefin For This Useful Post:
K9SUV (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 06:27 PM   #14
NJ2CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefin View Post
Van compass should have their light mount brackets for the 2019+ in fromt of the grill up for sale soon.
Get a set of those and some Baja designs LP9 lights and you should be good to go.
https://vancompass.com/collections/sprinter-4x4-2019
Unfortunately the additional fans for the rear ac unit prevent the installation of that Vancompass mount.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:50 PM   #15
Onefin

^bummer
Onefin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:05 PM   #16
K9SUV

My experience from years of desert racing has taught me that any lights at or above the hood line, cause back scatter of light on dust particles, rain and fog. This can be a blinding white-out condition depending on the severity of the obstructions. Today, most Baja 1000 racers mount lights low and in front of the grill. Notwithstanding, on a clear calm night with no other vehicle ahead on the same trail, lights up top can be useful. Another consideration is some states require lights above the drivers head to be covered on highways. Most states allow for fog or driving lights to remain uncovered. Some states even allow 'spot' lights on the b-pillars to remain exposed, but again the back-scatter is a problem there too.
K9SUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:58 PM   #17
Patrick walsh

Google Outside van Stratta.....

They are running 18ís with Nitto Ridge or trail grapplers. Looks like plenty of sidewall for highway driving to and from national parks and light off-road.

I do plan myself to take my rig west and do the some of the longer off road routes. Many of them them at leas the ones Iím familiar with look fairly tame. If not for this desire Iíd just do the 18ís all day. I may even go 18ís for around town then get those Hutchison beadlocks for my trips west.

Thatís a bit crazy but I wouldnít put it past me to do something so impractical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Makai View Post
I think 18s that will fit in the wheel well of an unlifted 2019 will have some short sidewalls.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Patrick walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:13 PM   #18
Patrick walsh

I also found this.

So far I guess it doesn’t work with the adaptive cruise yada yada. The maker has plans to fix that all be it the design will change a bit so I’m told.

This would address the issue as the poster above mentioned regarding high or roof mount lighting.

There are more pictures of this van with the RoamBuilt roof rack with round lights if you dig.

https://catunedoffroad.com/catuned-o...merhead-bumper
Patrick walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:37 PM   #19
NJ2CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick walsh View Post
I also found this.

So far I guess it doesnít work with the adaptive cruise yada yada. The maker has plans to fix that all be it the design will change a bit so Iím told.

This would address the issue as the poster above mentioned regarding high or roof mount lighting.

There are more pictures of this van with the RoamBuilt roof rack with round lights if you dig.

https://catunedoffroad.com/catuned-o...merhead-bumper

That lightbar/bumper setup looks like it's crowning...
Old 11-08-2019, 11:31 PM   #20
Wrinkledpants

Their NCV3 bumper is the best looking I've seen. But, not a fan of their VS30 setup.