Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > NCV3 Sprinters > NCV3 4x4 Talk

NCV3 4x4 Talk General Discussions related to NCV3 4x4 Sprinters.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:05 PM   #1
AGDunc

Question Fitting allow wheels on 3500 Dually 4x4

Hi All,

I recently purchased a 2016 3500 Dually 4x4 which I will be fitting out as a camper. Although I don't mind the daully wheels, I would ideally like to swap them out for some Black Rhino Barstow (load rated) alloys:

https://www.lkperformance.co.uk/whee...size%5b0%5d=17

I know this is a not a simple job. I have the van booked in with Mercedes next Monday for them to quote on converting the dually setup to Super Single, but reading through a few threads on here has made me question whether this will help or not. I would like to run 17" rims with 265/70 BFG KO2 Tyres all round. This wheel and tire size should be more than suitable according to Van Compass's FAQ if the van were a simple 2500 setup, but I wonder if I can even run the same wheel size all round on a 3500 converted to Super Single. I am also expecting a hefty quote for converting the van in the first instance, but I'd rather ask and find out than just put up with the dually setup. The reason for converting in the first place is largely aesthetic, but I think it will also help with the van's off-road abilities.

Any insight that any of you might have to share on the idea would be very helpful. I will post any feedback I get from Mercedes here once I have it.

Andrew
AGDunc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4x4, dually, super single, tires, wheels