Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Leisure Travel Vans > Unity

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2017, 04:21 PM   #1
SSTraveler
2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed

Thanked 1,598 Times in 807 Posts
Default Mercedes Security Vulnerability

Mercedes Benz vehicles are particularly vulnerable to thieves stealing the vehicle by using the key fob electronics. I just read this article today, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-gadgets.html, and it got me to thinking about this key fob vunerabilty with MB Sprinter RVs. If anyone keeps a spare fob hidden on the RV for emergencies or leaves the key fob in the RV when camping and sightseeing (when gone from the RV) then the MB RV is vunerable to theft. Even going into a resturant when traveling. As long as the fob is relatively near it can be hijacked. Faraday or RFID blocking bags can protect your fob when your not using. I bought this bag, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H1C21O2...511799332&sr=2, because it seemed the smallest. It's sad but these days it's better to protect yourself than be sorry. It's interesting that insurance companies may not cover this type of theft because they only cover breaking and entering, which this method does not involve!

Last edited by SSTraveler; 11-27-2017 at 04:23 PM.
SSTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SSTraveler For This Useful Post:
Old Crows (11-28-2017)