Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk

Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk Common features found in Sprinter RV's and Conversions.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:50 PM   #11
TheHerd

Default Re: AMA flush fit slider windows

Hello, what is the verdict on the AMA sliders?

Anyone have an inside picture of the screened window version?
TheHerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:51 AM   #12
Boxster1971
2012 Sprinter 3500 Ext

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHerd View Post
Hello, what is the verdict on the AMA sliders?

Anyone have an inside picture of the screened window version?
Van Windows Direct has an image of the inside of a screened window. It doesn't look like all windows are screened.
https://www.vanwindowsdirect.com/col...nter-van-07-18

BTW these windows are made by AM Auto.
http://www.amauto.co/products/sliders/

These would be a great solution for a vented window on the rear passenger side on a 144" WB Sprinter where the normal tip-out T-vent windows would interfere with the sliding door.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxster1971 For This Useful Post:
GlennR (12-03-2018), TheHerd (10-16-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 02:08 AM   #13
GlennR

I just got a 170" extended cargo Sprinter last week and need windows. These look great.

Sliders seem more trouble free than awnings, but I'd think awnings are better in the rain.

I like the look of glass all around. But it cost more, you lose insulation, and you also will need curtains or blinds for privacy.

If the cost wasn't a concern which would you choose? Have any of you installed too many windows & regretted it?
GlennR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:12 PM   #14
Onefin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
I just got a 170" extended cargo Sprinter last week and need windows. These look great.

Sliders seem more trouble free than awnings, but I'd think awnings are better in the rain.

I like the look of glass all around. But it cost more, you lose insulation, and you also will need curtains or blinds for privacy.

If the cost wasn't a concern which would you choose? Have any of you installed too many windows & regretted it?
Id use tern overland if I had a cargo van without window openings.
https://www.ternoverland.com
Operable, screened and shades....better insulation properties...can vent in rain......in house replacement parts from a small but committed supplier.......

If not then motion windows or RB sliders likely less problematic than the CRL T-vents.

The AM flush slider windows look worth giving a look.....terra wagen offers OEM Mercedes sliders without screens for more money. The TW MB will be better quality than aftermarket......https://www.terrawagen.com/collectio...liding-windows

IMHO The only position that the factory large glass is best is possibly on the slider door for visibility while pulling out across traffic. This is also the worst position for a t-vent window as it provides excellent access to the van for someone breaking in. Easy to pry open glass or cut screen if vent is open and pop open the slider door lock. Also worth mentioning is the CRL t-vent window for the slider only offers one operable vent of the two....so you spend time and money to get a lesser quality window that doesnt provide much ventilation and is easy to break into for a casual thief.

Too many large windows increase efforts to keep van cool....so you put windows in and then spend money to cover them up while camping or to hide contents of the van...Id suggest a a couple windows to start, then go from there if you want more after bit.

Skylights or roof hatches are the future!
Onefin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Onefin For This Useful Post:
GlennR (12-04-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #15
Onefin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post

Id use tern overland if I had a cargo van without window openings.
https://www.ternoverland.com
Operable, screened and shades....better insulation properties...can vent in rain......in house replacement parts from a small but committed supplier.......

If not then motion windows or RB sliders likely less problematic than the CRL T-vents.

The AM flush slider windows look worth giving a look.....terra wagen offers OEM Mercedes sliders without screens for more money. The TW MB will be better quality than aftermarket......https://www.terrawagen.com/collectio...liding-windows

IMHO The only position that the factory large glass is best is possibly on the slider door for visibility while pulling out across traffic. This is also the worst position for a t-vent window as it provides excellent access to the van for someone breaking in. Easy to pry open glass or cut screen if vent is open and pop open the slider door lock. Also worth mentioning is the CRL t-vent window for the slider only offers one operable vent of the two....so you spend time and money to get a lesser quality window that doesnt provide much ventilation and is easy to break into for a casual thief.

Too many large windows increase efforts to keep van cool....so you put windows in and then spend money to cover them up while camping or to hide contents of the van...Id suggest a a couple windows to start, then go from there if you want more after bit.

Skylights or roof hatches are the future!
Onefin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:29 PM   #16
SOLBRTs

SOLBRTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:30 PM   #17
SOLBRTs

SOLBRTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:31 PM   #18
SOLBRTs