Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > Sprinter Talk

Sprinter Talk General discussion about anything and everything about Sprinters.
SubForums: Events Scanners

Old 06-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #51
Bob Laps

Default Re: ECU chip?

Of course he does....he was in Tuscany enjoying a 2500$ bottle of wine with his super model wife after a 1000$ an hour photo shoot.....making small talk with the locals about the first year of the GTO,riding a lap at the Isle of Man,his Porsche,his wife's custom bmw and countless other personal and financial achievements when he decided to drive to the Ducati factory and arrange an unscheduled tour (cause people are his business)...seen serial #1 of the diavels rolling off the production line and had to have it....sent his 20 something year old wife out to his Ferrari to see what kind of money he had rolling around on the floor.....she comes back in with 20k plus and the rest is history ...the grand tool strikes again

Sorry Nate...I couldn't resist

Bob
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bob Laps For This Useful Post:
Nate.evans (06-24-2019), Zundfolge (06-24-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 04:34 PM   #52
OrioN
2008 2500 170" EXT

Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Laps View Post
Of course he does....he was in Tuscany enjoying a 2500$ bottle of wine with his super model wife after a 1000$ an hour photo shoot.....making small talk with the locals about the first year of the GTO,riding a lap at the Isle of Man,his Porsche,his wife's custom bmw and countless other personal and financial achievements when he decided to drive to the Ducati factory and arrange an unscheduled tour (cause people are his business)...seen serial #1 of the diavels rolling off the production line and had to have it....sent his 20 something year old wife out to his Ferrari to see what kind of money he had rolling around on the floor.....she comes back in with 20k plus and the rest is history ...the grand tool strikes again

Sorry Nate...I couldn't resist

Bob
Considering his presence here, I'd say he's had quite the fall from grace...
OrioN is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OrioN For This Useful Post:
Bob Laps (06-24-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 06:29 PM   #53
BrennWagon
Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by rMathieu51 View Post
Hey guys, 2005 sprinter here. It was a Fed Ex vehicle so they set the ECU for the top speed of 65. The dealer I work at also owns a Dodge dealership so clearing the ECU is easy enough for me BUT... I know the top speed is 82ish from the factory. Put a size bigger tire on it will get me a few more. But, does anyone know of a chip for these to get rid of it all together? I don't generally drive over 80 anyways but it'd be nice to go faster for passing or a situation like that.. Anyone know of anything or am I **** out of luck? I haven't had much luck looking online.
Sorry to get off topic, but did you have any luck with the Snap-On scanner your buddy has or send out the ecu to one of the “programmer” companies?
BrennWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrennWagon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2019, 10:41 PM   #54
The Grand Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnoxious View Post
Nein!!! European women legs way too hairy, asian women are da bomb.
Victoria's Secret "Angels" Supermodels from Europe:

Leomie Anderson
Leititia Casta
Helena Christensen
Alexina Graham
Kate Grigorieva
Elsa Hosk
Rosie Huntington-Whitely
Monika Jac Jagaciak
Heidi Klum
Doutzen Kroes
Karolina Kurkova
Karen Mulder
Barbara Palvin
Daniela Pestova
Josephine Skriver
Romee Strijd

Victoria's Secret "Angels" Supermodels from Asia:

The Grand Tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:56 PM   #55
The Grand Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate.evans View Post
Man...the insecurity here
Yup...

Quote:
If you think TGT is bad...you had best not take a browse on the MV Agusta forums, some of those guys make The Grand Tour look poor.
Yup. Or the Porsche forums, or the Ferrari forums, or the Lamborghini forums...

And I'm not rich. I'm just a lowly blue-collar government worker. I don't even have a high-school diploma. It's all I can do to squeak out a six-figure income.

Quote:
When I was 22, I had 3 cars and 2 motorcycles and thought I was the ****...got on that forum and quickly realized I AIN'T ****. That's when I realized comparing myself or what I owned to others is pretty ****ing stupid and a huge waste of energy....all of those material things can disappear in an instant.... Why people can't just be happy with what they have and achieved themselves is beyond me....
AMEN to that, brother. I belong to the local chapter of the PCA (Porsche Club of America), and we do a lot of fun activities. When someone shows up with a GT2 RS, it makes me happy for them. We are not defined by what we drive, or own, or live in. I am the same person regardless- we all are.

Quote:
On a side note, Grand Tour...I've been eyeballing Diavels to replace my vintage Harley....I do want something a bit more reliable. Never would I have thought I would ever call a Ducati more reliable than something else I live near the tail of the dragon and the foothills of NC....I know for a fact I would get myself into trouble on another Brutale or F4, so I want a cruiser...and unfortunately MV doesn't make one....do you have any experience with those?
No, I don't have any experience with that particular motorcycle. I'm actually not a fan of cruisers. If you're looking for a V-twin, and you live where you live, I would make an argument for a nekkid sport standard like Ducati's Il mostro 1200 or KTM's 1290 Super Duke R. Both of those would be more fun than giving two toys to three kids. If you can live with one additional cylinder, I like MV Agusta's Brutale 800, Triumph's Street Triple 765, and Triumph's Speed Triple 1050.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Grand Tour For This Useful Post:
Nate.evans (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 02:28 AM   #56
BrennWagon
Pete

Nate, for that kind of riding, nothing beats an old BMW R series. The R90 and later R100 standard bikes are just about perfect and very reliable if properly maintained. The bike is really well balanced, I find the riding position to be really comfortable with the lower euro style bars, and the ride is smooth as silk, no Harley fatigue. Just my two cents since this has turned into a motorcycle thread.
BrennWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrennWagon For This Useful Post:
Nate.evans (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 03:15 AM   #57
The Grand Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrennWagon View Post
Nate, for that kind of riding, nothing beats an old BMW R series.
Anything and everything I mentioned would beat an old BMW R series.

Quote:
The R90 and later R100 standard bikes are just about perfect and very reliable if properly maintained.
I love old motorcycles, I really do. I love seeing old motorcycles in museums and on race tracks. I think Honda CB160 is one of the coolest forms of motorcycle racing there is.

But within the context of the advances that have been made in tires, brakes, suspension, chassis rigidity, geometry, and ergonomics, I simply cannot justify using one of them on public roads, for safety reasons. It would be like going into combat in Afghanistan armed with a bow and arrow.

Quote:
The bike is really well balanced, I find the riding position to be really comfortable with the lower euro style bars, and the ride is smooth as silk, no Harley fatigue. Just my two cents since this has turned into a motorcycle thread.
I can see that you are fond of them, but I believe that there are MUCH safer alternatives.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:27 AM   #58
The Grand Tour

Quote:
I miss racing some times...but I miss the MV the most out of all the motorcycles I owned....
Nate, was your Brutale about an '03 750 S model?

I remember those old Michelin Pilot Sport tires. I think those replaced the truly awful TX15/TX25.

It's amazing how far tires have come in the last 20 years.

Last edited by The Grand Tour; 06-25-2019 at 04:19 AM.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:54 PM   #59
Nate.evans

If I remember right my Brutale was a 2005...I remember buying it and then being pissed 5 months later the 910R came out.

Yeah, those tires were awful. No chicken strips though . I replaced them with Pirelli Diablos and never looked back.

As far as the BMW goes, there’s a local dealer near me that’s a BMW, Ducati, Triumph dealer and they sell a crap ton of BMWs...and almost every single one of them seem to be overpriced. Neat features like launch control and other gyro things, but overpriced.

I don’t ride that aggressive anymore, so having even a Brutale would be overkill if how I ride now...not to mention I don’t really ride that much. Bicycles are much more rewarding for me.

Last edited by Nate.evans; 06-25-2019 at 01:59 PM.
Nate.evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:34 PM   #60
The Grand Tour

Quote:
If I remember right my Brutale was a 2005...I remember buying it and then being pissed 5 months later the 910R came out.
Yeah, that would have been 2005.

They were a little detuned- they were advertised at 127 horsepower, but actually put out about 20 horsepower less than that.

Quote:
Yeah, those tires were awful. No chicken strips though . I replaced them with Pirelli Diablos and never looked back.
The Pilot Sport was not terrible. What I meant was that the TX15/TX25 was terrible. Either way, today's tires are MUCH better.

I too, ride Pirelli/Metzeler tires. My favorite street tire right now is the Pirelli Supercorsa SP.

Quote:
As far as the BMW goes, there’s a local dealer near me that’s a BMW, Ducati, Triumph dealer and they sell a crap ton of BMWs...and almost every single one of them seem to be overpriced. Neat features like launch control and other gyro things, but overpriced.
I think the other guy was recommending an older BMW. Drum brakes, bias-ply tube-type tires, crude suspension, flexy chassis, etc....

Quote:
I don’t ride that aggressive anymore, so having even a Brutale would be overkill if how I ride now...not to mention I don’t really ride that much.
Not riding aggressively, does not mean that you need a motorcycle that won't turn/brake/accelerate to a survivable degree of competency- you still need to stay out from under cars.

Quote:
Bicycles are much more rewarding for me.
I think my next bicycle is going to be a cyclocross bike. A recreational one. I've been looking at the Ridley X-Ride Disc:

https://www.ridley-bikes.com/product/x-ride-disc/

I like the matte olive color.