Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > VS30 Sprinters > VS30 4x4 Talk

VS30 4x4 Talk General Discussions related to VS30 4x4 Sprinters.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:18 PM   #61
sanomechanic

Default Re: 2019 4x4 Delay

VIN#s are generally issued when being built and dealers are updated of the status. If van was produced in May. There is a VIN # and the dealer has access to it. No VIN means no van built in May

Last edited by sanomechanic; 06-23-2019 at 08:20 PM.
sanomechanic is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sanomechanic For This Useful Post:
kfo (06-23-2019)
Old Yesterday, 05:33 PM   #62
MB Vans Kansas City

Hello, I am new to posting on this forum. I've been a spectator and reading for a couple years now. I'm a Sprinter sales rep, and a future 4x4 Sprinter owner (still working on that part). I have been reading this thread and understand the frustrations. It's nice to hear your perspectives. I am happy to answer any questions I can related to builds or delays. Right now I am waiting on about 6 vans to release, and not just 4x4. My factory contact has not disclosed any reason for the delay. I also have a handful of people with 4x4 orders who are still waiting on their May build vans to come in. The delay is frustrating. Thus far none of my 4x4 vans have moved since they were built. But, if it has a VIn... it is a real van!

The way I have been approaching the allocation and ordering is to tell everyone that once the vehicle is built there is roughly a 60 day wait to get it from the factory to the dealership. That seems to be a little more accurate.
MB Vans Kansas City is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MB Vans Kansas City For This Useful Post:
sanomechanic (Today)
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM   #63
Mr Makai

I think the frustration level would be greatly diminished if MB could give people reasonable consistent communication.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Mr Makai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:44 AM   #64
Sprinter2017

For what it's worth, our van is sitting in South Carolina complete and has been for several weeks. It was built the 3rd week of May but is held for some reason, I was notified by my salesman today that it's scheduled to ship the end of July.
Sprinter2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:41 AM   #65
sanomechanic

A 2 month time from build to delivery it actually quite good. If it was built in Dusseldorf the wait would be 4-8 months "or longer"
sanomechanic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:00 AM   #66
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter2017 View Post
For what it's worth, our van is sitting in South Carolina complete and has been for several weeks. It was built the 3rd week of May but is held for some reason, I was notified by my salesman today that it's scheduled to ship the end of July.
Im in the exact situation. Mine was 3rd decade of May. Iíve been notified by the dealer of VIN and the vehicle being finished production. Still havenít been notified of a shipping date yet. To be fair when I originally got my order in the dealer initially estimated a July delivery as well. Fingers crossed.
airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote