Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > T1N Sprinters > T1N Talk

T1N Talk General Discussions related to T1N Sprinters.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:51 AM   #51
Vantasy

Default Re: T21 Recall for OM647s - Recommended Dealerships

I had the recall done on my 2006 Dodge T1N at Hilltop Dodge in Richmond Ca. I was connected to them through MB customer service. They had it for a day. No parts replaced, no problem to perform the re program.
Vantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:27 PM   #52
Wood.n.you

I'm in SoCal. couple people recommended Jack Powell in Escondido. Figured that was closer than SLO.

Dropped my 2004 off in the morning, they gave me a loaner car and called in the afternoon that it was done.

I should have done it last month though... Instrument clusters are back ordered so while I got my orange slip for proof that the recall was done, now I have to worry about my battery going dead overnight....

When the part comes in, I will have to go back to have it installed. I get a pending code "

0423 Implausible data received from Cluster"

Otherwise, the 40 minute drive home was just as normal.

I'd trust them to do it again, unless another dealer had the cluster in stock but as there were on 8 available in the states last week, im sure they are all used up now....
Wood.n.you is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wood.n.you For This Useful Post:
Aqua Puttana (05-24-2019), autostaretx (05-24-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 02:21 AM   #53
BooBoo
BooBooBuggy

Bought a 2004 dodge sprinter 3500 from neighbor was setting in their yard for 4 years. Worked my tale off to get it running. All the problems fixed from this forum and youtube.
I was excited to get a recall and have someone else look at my pride and JOY.
HENCE the sprinter would shut off without any warning except instrument cluster going out and throwing several codes . found out the ecu connector was not seated properly now I only have the u0423 . Don't trust anybody to touch it besides me. Help would be appreciated. Dodge dealer Melbourne Florida 840 south harbor city blvd 32901
BooBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:29 AM   #54
mtngant2

They have now given me an estimate of just under $1100 to replace the IC.

And then he says, "of course we could make no guarantee that will resolve the issue, but you may be right and the cluster may help."

I have passed along threads from this forum for him to read. However he is making no effort to help me on this ... which is frustrating!
mtngant2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:49 AM   #55
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 7,843 Times in 5,721 Posts

Do their scanners get a "0423 Implausible data received from Cluster" ? (see msg #52)

--dick
((as always: this post may go through a couple of post-posting edits... so maybe give it ten minutes before commenting))
autostaretx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:38 PM   #56
jmiller5

Quote:
Originally Posted by autostaretx View Post
Do their scanners get a "0423 Implausible data received from Cluster" ? (see msg #52)

--dick
I'm not very knowledgeable about using this forum, it is very cumbersome to navigate. Therefore, don't know if THIS thread is or was connected in any way to my post in another thread. I apologize if this post of mine repeated here is redundant; I am only trying to be helpful to others dealing with this Mercedes USA ordeal. So here it is again, originally posted on 2019.05.31 at the thread " T21 Recall - Freightliner USA-ANYONE, ANYWHERE found a Knowledgeable dealer??":

Update re emissions recall (California DMV # 201632, Dodge # T21, Mercedes # 2016040001):

My vehicle is a 2004 Freightliner Sprinter 2500 (T1N), built as a motor home by Forest River. I live in the Los Angeles area. My annual notice to renew my registration noted a "manufacturer recall # 201632" and required "proof of correction" from a dealer before I could renew my license. This was the only notice I ever received about this recall.

I took my vehicle to Mercedes of Anaheim. They performed the software upgrade, following the procedure in the Mercedes Recall Campaign Bulletin, and gave me the "Proof of Correction" certificate. I was then able to license my vehicle with the California DMV.

Initially, all seemed fine, but after two brief driving outings, the problem symptoms appeared, as reported by other owners of model year 2004 Sprinters: When the engine was shut off, the Instrument Cluster light did not turn off and the EGR mechanism did not turn off. Also, the Check Engine Light appeared and stayed on as long as the engine was running.

I took my vehicle back to Mercedes of Anaheim and they performed the additional steps indicated in the Recall Bulletin, ending with the replacement of the Instrument Cluster. So far, the vehicle is performing properly, so I am optimistic this is the end of the troubles. This dealership should now be familiar enough with this problem to deal with additional Sprinter recalls in an efficient manner; my contact there is Michael Gonzales, mgonzalez@anaheimmercedes.com, phone 714.777.7446.

This process has been difficult, because Mercedes Benz USA has made it so: I was never contacted or informed about this recall by MBUSA, even though they clearly have my contact information in their system as the vehicle owner, which is obvious whenever I have taken the vehicle to a Mercedes dealer - they are able to view the entire history of my vehicle. I was never able to discuss the problems with the contact person to whom I was referred at MBUSA - my phone messages were never returned.

I was able to resolve this only after contacting my state government representative's office. They put me in contact with Jeffrey Wong at the California Air Resources Board, jwong@arb.ca.gov, phone 626.575.7009. He was able to arrange with MBUSA to have my vehicle "diagnosed" and repaired without charge. Initially, the dealers, presumable following instructions from MBUSA, wanted to charge me $200 to "diagnose" the problem, a problem with which MBUSA is clearly aware, and which does not require "diagnosis".
jmiller5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:55 PM   #57
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 7,843 Times in 5,721 Posts

Unfortunately, Dodge and Freightliner/MB are now two totally separate corporate entities.

What one learns the other doesn't get to hear.

... and that's even before the crappy "trickle down" path to the service peoples' ears...

--dick
((as always: this post may go through a couple of post-posting edits... so maybe give it ten minutes before commenting))
autostaretx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:39 PM   #58
SeaDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNorter View Post
Northern California / Southern Oregon
Lithia Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Medford
4540 Grumman Dr, Medford, OR 97504

They have done many T21's, know about the common pitfalls, took about 3.5 hours.
I have only driven 100+ miles, but will update complications.

I drove the 1.5 hours to this dealership yesterday for the appointment I made for the T21 recall a couple weeks ago. I also had them do a tranny service at the same time. After sitting in the waiting room for 5.5 hours I was told the transmission service was complete but they couldn't do the T21 software update. Something about their computer not communicating with the vehicle's computer, blah, blah, blah. To their credit they knocked a few bucks off my tranny service, but now I need to make two more 3-hour roundtrips while my wife follows me to drop off the Sprinter for "a few days" that they need to get it done.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:25 PM   #59
drew502

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDub View Post
I drove the 1.5 hours to this dealership yesterday for the appointment I made for the T21 recall a couple weeks ago. I also had them do a tranny service at the same time. After sitting in the waiting room for 5.5 hours I was told the transmission service was complete but they couldn't do the T21 software update. Something about their computer not communicating with the vehicle's computer, blah, blah, blah. To their credit they knocked a few bucks off my tranny service, but now I need to make two more 3-hour roundtrips while my wife follows me to drop off the Sprinter for "a few days" that they need to get it done.
Based on my conversation with this outfit, I would think twice about making "two more 3-hour roundtrips". See my post on 5/10/19 @: https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...4&postcount=43
drew502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:10 PM   #60
OldWest
T1N Westfalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimson View Post
I took my 2006 Sprinter to Russell Dodge in Van Nuys over a year ago. It went well - was given a rental car for a day.
Another poster was left in lurch and quoted over a thousand dollars for a MAF which should have been covered by recall. Poster went to Cole Chrysler Dodge to fix for free.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...&postcount=707

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...&postcount=709

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...&postcount=710

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...&postcount=711

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...&postcount=723
OldWest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldWest For This Useful Post:
Aqua Puttana (06-25-2019), skwoodwiva (06-25-2019)