Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > NCV3 Sprinters > NCV3 4x4 Talk

NCV3 4x4 Talk General Discussions related to NCV3 4x4 Sprinters.

Old 04-09-2019, 01:24 AM   #51
TheHerd

Default Re: AMP Power Step

Yes, you will need a new harness. AMP should overnight it to you. The very first kits had the wrong harness shipped. The new ones are corrected now.

Mine are still going strong. They’ve lowered and raised over 100 times by now with no issue. Thanks to my 5 year old, who gets crazy excited to see them in action. He always wants to be the one who opens and closes a door. Too funny 😂
TheHerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:50 PM   #52
Splinter7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHerd View Post
I would recommend moving the ground for the CAN-bus, further back to the Sprinter designated ground. It is a tight fit with large hands, but I was able to get the bolt off and back on. Had a magnet tool read on standby. If you cant reach it, there is another designated ground up in the A pillar, between the front window and driver side door. I don't think the regular bolt mentioned in the AMP instructions makes a great ground.
I think this worked. Thanks for the help. Only time will tell now.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:02 AM   #53
Wave

At the Overland Expo I heard that the new CAN-bus connection with the new steps has an issue that I'm wondering if anyone has experienced. I heard that something with the CAN-bus communication can go to sleep, say when you are camping out without the keys in the ignition, and then when you try and open the door the step will not work.

Has anyone experienced this or confirm that this isn't an issue with the new CAN-bus connected AMP steps?

Thanks!!!
Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wave For This Useful Post:
Lifeafter40 (06-07-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 05:56 PM   #54
KiteSprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wave View Post
At the Overland Expo I heard that the new CAN-bus connection with the new steps has an issue that I'm wondering if anyone has experienced. I heard that something with the CAN-bus communication can go to sleep, say when you are camping out without the keys in the ignition, and then when you try and open the door the step will not work.

Has anyone experienced this or confirm that this isn't an issue with the new CAN-bus connected AMP steps?

Thanks!!!
This happens with mine. I am going to try to go for that hard to reach ground that worked for the other two in this thread and hope that works.
KiteSprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:31 PM   #55
colddude

Has anyone installed the driver and passenger AMP power steps on the 2019's (76263-01A)? AMP/various reseller websites list 2018 as the latest year for compatibility.

The passenger side SKU (75163-01A) shows compatibility up to 2019's. I'd like to have both sides installed.

My Sprinter is 2019 4x4 170 Cargo.
colddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 02:08 PM   #56
kfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by colddude View Post
Has anyone installed the driver and passenger AMP power steps on the 2019's (76263-01A)? AMP/various reseller websites list 2018 as the latest year for compatibility.

The passenger side SKU (75163-01A) shows compatibility up to 2019's. I'd like to have both sides installed.

My Sprinter is 2019 4x4 170 Cargo.
Bump. I'm also curious for the 2019's.
kfo is offline   Reply With Quote