Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Leisure Travel Vans > Unity

Old 05-23-2019, 01:15 AM   #1
CapeCodMark

Default New 2019 Sprinter LTV units on hold at Winkler

My dealer called me today to tell me that my new 2019 Unity is built and ready to ship, but is sitting at the Winkler plant along with about 60 other LTV 2019 Sprinter models because they are waiting for a software fix from MB in Germany.
He is not sure when my new Unity will be delivered.
I'm feeling frustrated because I ordered last August and was told to expect my Unity in April or early May. Already had to cancel some plans and lost $$$ on a non-refundable week of music and camping at a Bluegrass festival we've been attending for the past 10 years.
Sure hope this gets resolved very soon!
CapeCodMark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CapeCodMark For This Useful Post:
stormpeakco (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 01:56 AM   #2
Simplified
2019 Unity TB

Default Re: New 2019 Sprinter LTV units on hold at Winkler

Similar thing happened to us last fall. Our van was complete except for the awning. They were short on awnings because of a problem at the Carefree awning factory. Something LTV had no control over. We also had to cancel some plans, but once we finally got it, those delays were quickly forgotten. Ours took 11 months from order to delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Simplified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:52 AM   #3
jmcarter

My Serenity is held there as well, grandson got out of school yesterday and reservations are made, including PEI....tick tick.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:23 PM   #4
stormpeakco
'19 M-B/'19 LTV U-TB

Thanks.
Our Unity is in the painting salon this week...rather have the Winkler based crew take their time, to do their best & make everything functional as it should be, before being trucked to the states. (AND-our sales person seems to be far less vigilant than yours RE: notifications/updates...Triple E designed Unity sold itself...and just picked the closest dealer to home).
stormpeakco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:04 PM   #5
Natuzzi

We had something similar last year with Remi Blinds not being available and had to wait a couple of extra weeks. We knew not to make any plans though and didn’t pickup UMB until 3 weeks after dealer got it delivered. Way too many things that can happen for plans.
Natuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Natuzzi For This Useful Post:
hotfudge (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 11:16 PM   #6
hotfudge
2015.5 Unity TB

We waited 11 months in 2015 for our 2015.5 TB. Got caught up in Unity mid-year physical design changes, exterior graphics changes, M-B steering wheel changes, etc. It was all well worth the wait. Rule #1 - make no travel plans 'til keys are in hand and you've completed a thorough walk-thru with dealer followed by a few nights beta-camping....close to dealer. Rule #2 - See Rule #1.
hotfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hotfudge For This Useful Post:
Natuzzi (05-25-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 04:03 AM   #7
TwoClinks
2016 Unity TB

That's confusing. There are owners that have already taken delivery of the new 2019 Sprinters. Does that mean they are driving around without the fix. And at two at a time it's going to be very busy for the delivery trucks. Giving that bad weather from tornado alley eventually drifts north with the changing jet stream, the newly built LTVs are setting ducks.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:25 PM   #8
C21bill
2018 Unity TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natuzzi View Post
We had something similar last year with Remi Blinds not being available and had to wait a couple of extra weeks. We knew not to make any plans though and didnít pickup UMB until 3 weeks after dealer got it delivered. Way too many things that can happen for plans.
My TB was supposed to be delayed because of the Remi caper but after a week the dealer called and said they had the coach. Guess mine slipped out ahead of the delay, unbeknownst to the LTV Rep.
C21bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:25 PM   #9
MorrieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodMark View Post
My dealer called me today to tell me that my new 2019 Unity is built and ready to ship, but is sitting at the Winkler plant along with about 60 other LTV 2019 Sprinter models because they are waiting for a software fix from MB in Germany.
He is not sure when my new Unity will be delivered.
I'm feeling frustrated because I ordered last August and was told to expect my Unity in April or early May. Already had to cancel some plans and lost $$$ on a non-refundable week of music and camping at a Bluegrass festival we've been attending for the past 10 years.
Sure hope this gets resolved very soon!
After reading this post I sent our dealer an email for we have a Unity on order as well that was estimated to be delivered in mid to late May. About a week or two ago I was told about a delay but did not know the reason. The following is what the dealer just emailed and said he would get back to me next week.

The factory is telling us that they are having to recode the Mercedes chassis. Has to do with onboard computer, and set for US standards. New chassis learning curve, it sounds like. They are making their way thru a number of them now.

I sure hope those of us that have ordered the new chassis are not going to be beta testers for Mercedes.
MorrieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:41 PM   #10
cjf_moraga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrieC View Post
After reading this post I sent our dealer an email for we have a Unity on order as well that was estimated to be delivered in mid to late May. About a week or two ago I was told about a delay but did not know the reason. The following is what the dealer just emailed and said he would get back to me next week.

The factory is telling us that they are having to recode the Mercedes chassis. Has to do with onboard computer, and set for US standards. New chassis learning curve, it sounds like. They are making their way thru a number of them now.

I sure hope those of us that have ordered the new chassis are not going to be beta testers for Mercedes.

Hmm.. I wonder what that means. I have been driving my new 2019 chassis around quite happily. The only issue I had on pick-up a few weeks ago was that the brake assist feature was disabled but I took it into the MB dealer and they updated the software. Otherwise it's fine.
cjf_moraga is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cjf_moraga For This Useful Post:
tbrsedona (05-30-2019)