Sprinter-Forum    
 

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Leisure Travel Vans > Unity


 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2019, 01:15 AM   #1
CapeCodMark
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 5
Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default New 2019 Sprinter LTV units on hold at Winkler

My dealer called me today to tell me that my new 2019 Unity is built and ready to ship, but is sitting at the Winkler plant along with about 60 other LTV 2019 Sprinter models because they are waiting for a software fix from MB in Germany.
He is not sure when my new Unity will be delivered.
I'm feeling frustrated because I ordered last August and was told to expect my Unity in April or early May. Already had to cancel some plans and lost $$$ on a non-refundable week of music and camping at a Bluegrass festival we've been attending for the past 10 years.
Sure hope this gets resolved very soon!
CapeCodMark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CapeCodMark For This Useful Post:
stormpeakco (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 01:56 AM   #2
Simplified
2019 Unity TB
 
Simplified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 51
Thanks: 20
Thanked 40 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: New 2019 Sprinter LTV units on hold at Winkler

Similar thing happened to us last fall. Our van was complete except for the awning. They were short on awnings because of a problem at the Carefree awning factory. Something LTV had no control over. We also had to cancel some plans, but once we finally got it, those delays were quickly forgotten. Ours took 11 months from order to delivery.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Colleen Easley
Olympia, WA
2019 Unity TB
Simplified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:52 AM   #3
jmcarter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 42
Thanks: 10
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: New 2019 Sprinter LTV units on hold at Winkler

My Serenity is held there as well, grandson got out of school yesterday and reservations are made, including PEI....tick tick.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:23 PM   #4
stormpeakco
'19 M-B/'19 LTV U-TB
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Rocky Mountains of Colorado
Posts: 216
Thanks: 154
Thanked 56 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: New 2019 Sprinter LTV units on hold at Winkler

Thanks.
Our Unity is in the painting salon this week...rather have the Winkler based crew take their time, to do their best & make everything functional as it should be, before being trucked to the states. (AND-our sales person seems to be far less vigilant than yours RE: notifications/updates...Triple E designed Unity sold itself...and just picked the closest dealer to home).
stormpeakco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:04 PM   #5
Natuzzi
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 203
Thanks: 172
Thanked 96 Times in 67 Posts
Default Re: New 2019 Sprinter LTV units on hold at Winkler

We had something similar last year with Remi Blinds not being available and had to wait a couple of extra weeks. We knew not to make any plans though and didn’t pickup UMB until 3 weeks after dealer got it delivered. Way too many things that can happen for plans.
Natuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Natuzzi For This Useful Post:
hotfudge (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 11:16 PM   #6
hotfudge
2015.5 Unity TB
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 364
Thanks: 910
Thanked 283 Times in 160 Posts
Default Re: New 2019 Sprinter LTV units on hold at Winkler

We waited 11 months in 2015 for our 2015.5 TB. Got caught up in Unity mid-year physical design changes, exterior graphics changes, M-B steering wheel changes, etc. It was all well worth the wait. Rule #1 - make no travel plans 'til keys are in hand and you've completed a thorough walk-thru with dealer followed by a few nights beta-camping....close to dealer. Rule #2 - See Rule #1.
hotfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hotfudge For This Useful Post:
Natuzzi (05-25-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 04:03 AM   #7
TwoClinks
2016 Unity TB
 
TwoClinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kerrville, Texas
Posts: 589
Thanks: 180
Thanked 461 Times in 236 Posts
Default Re: New 2019 Sprinter LTV units on hold at Winkler

That's confusing. There are owners that have already taken delivery of the new 2019 Sprinters. Does that mean they are driving around without the fix. And at two at a time it's going to be very busy for the delivery trucks. Giving that bad weather from tornado alley eventually drifts north with the changing jet stream, the newly built LTVs are setting ducks.
__________________
2016 Unity TB
TwoClinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:25 PM   #8
C21bill
2018 Unity TB
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA & Central Point, OR
Posts: 336
Thanks: 42
Thanked 135 Times in 98 Posts
Default Re: New 2019 Sprinter LTV units on hold at Winkler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natuzzi View Post
We had something similar last year with Remi Blinds not being available and had to wait a couple of extra weeks. We knew not to make any plans though and didnít pickup UMB until 3 weeks after dealer got it delivered. Way too many things that can happen for plans.
My TB was supposed to be delayed because of the Remi caper but after a week the dealer called and said they had the coach. Guess mine slipped out ahead of the delay, unbeknownst to the LTV Rep.
C21bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:25 PM   #9
MorrieC
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 29
Thanks: 11
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: New 2019 Sprinter LTV units on hold at Winkler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodMark View Post
My dealer called me today to tell me that my new 2019 Unity is built and ready to ship, but is sitting at the Winkler plant along with about 60 other LTV 2019 Sprinter models because they are waiting for a software fix from MB in Germany.
He is not sure when my new Unity will be delivered.
I'm feeling frustrated because I ordered last August and was told to expect my Unity in April or early May. Already had to cancel some plans and lost $$$ on a non-refundable week of music and camping at a Bluegrass festival we've been attending for the past 10 years.
Sure hope this gets resolved very soon!
After reading this post I sent our dealer an email for we have a Unity on order as well that was estimated to be delivered in mid to late May. About a week or two ago I was told about a delay but did not know the reason. The following is what the dealer just emailed and said he would get back to me next week.


The factory is telling us that they are having to recode the Mercedes chassis. Has to do with onboard computer, and set for US standards. New chassis learning curve, it sounds like. They are making their way thru a number of them now.

I sure hope those of us that have ordered the new chassis are not going to be beta testers for Mercedes.
MorrieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:41 PM   #10
cjf_moraga
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 24 Times in 16 Posts
Default Re: New 2019 Sprinter LTV units on hold at Winkler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrieC View Post
After reading this post I sent our dealer an email for we have a Unity on order as well that was estimated to be delivered in mid to late May. About a week or two ago I was told about a delay but did not know the reason. The following is what the dealer just emailed and said he would get back to me next week.


The factory is telling us that they are having to recode the Mercedes chassis. Has to do with onboard computer, and set for US standards. New chassis learning curve, it sounds like. They are making their way thru a number of them now.

I sure hope those of us that have ordered the new chassis are not going to be beta testers for Mercedes.

Hmm.. I wonder what that means. I have been driving my new 2019 chassis around quite happily. The only issue I had on pick-up a few weeks ago was that the brake assist feature was disabled but I took it into the MB dealer and they updated the software. Otherwise it's fine.
cjf_moraga is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cjf_moraga For This Useful Post:
tbrsedona (05-30-2019)

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.