Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Leisure Travel Vans > Unity

Old 06-13-2019, 04:52 PM   #41
Klipstr
2018 Wonder FTB

Default Re: New 2019 Sprinter LTV units on hold at Winkler

Kitty,

Well, I believe in the butt kissing principal. I had this wild notion that a donut break for the build team might be a good idea. I contacted Don and shared that thought with him and he said, wow, nobody has ever done that before. And that's what I was after. So we scheduled two of them: one a couple of days into the build and one at the end. I also thought it might be a good idea to have the team be able to associate faces with the build they were doing so I sent the two photos. The employee of the month is Sir Douglas Maswon our intrepid Australian Shepherd (googling will help a bit but there is more context required but that's another story!). It was fun to get feedback after the breaks. Nice people up there. Maybe someday we will get lucky enough to earn our way to the Winkler summer festival as I'm now calling it!

Don took all the photos and since he was in Winkler during most of our build we got three or four a day at various points. Having the assembly photos has already helped me when I consider mods. I know where things are and how wires are routed now. Along with getting an idea about how these things come together.

To the "what get's built before" thoughts: I Wonder (pun) if they use an upfitter to build the chassis from the ground to the coach floor. All the tanks, heavy plumbing, etc that is underneath. That is obviously done in another spot either at Winkler or by some other manufacturer. If you crawl under there you can idea how much work there is just to get the coach to that point!

To those waiting: hang in there. It will all be worth it! You are waiting for the best built RV in the industry and the fun you will have cannot be equaled anywhere else. And when it's time to install solar or replace your factory solar, let's hook up in Show Low some summer. Ask Scarecrow: it'll be a blast!

Rio Verde and Show Low AZ
2018 Wonder FTB

https://cuernoverdesolar.wordpress.com/
Klipstr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Klipstr For This Useful Post:
2yrs2go (06-13-2019)
Old Today, 02:00 AM   #42
Kitty_Kitty

Default Re: New 2019 Sprinter LTV units on hold at Winkler

Kelly, thank you for your reply!! What a lovely gesture and one I'm sure the build crew appreciated.

As the great Tom Petty sang, "The waiting is the hardest part".
Kitty_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote