Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Pleasure-Way

Old 05-12-2019, 03:16 PM   #1
Rocky Mtn Sprinter

Default XM Radio

I have a 2018 Pleasure Way Plateau FL and am wondering if the factory installed radio (junk) can accept XM/Sirius radio? Found nothing in the manual and calls to my dealer haven't been returned as of yet.
Rocky Mtn Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:54 PM   #2
Onefin

Default Re: XM Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Mtn Sprinter View Post
I have a 2018 Pleasure Way Plateau FL and am wondering if the factory installed radio (junk) can accept XM/Sirius radio? Found nothing in the manual and calls to my dealer haven't been returned as of yet.
No provisions for xm with the audio 15.

If you want it to look factory: Youíll want to call or email and verify exactly what model you need from these guys https://www.vaistech.com/product/gsr-mb02-w-tuner-kit/

If you donít care how ghetto it looks use this https://shop.siriusxm.com/onyx-ez-vehicle.html

I use the latter and one day will pony up for the former.
Onefin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Onefin For This Useful Post:
Rocky Mtn Sprinter (05-12-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 08:20 PM   #3
bigpapaporsche

We have a 2017 Pleasureway XL TD and wanted XM Radio also and were very disappointed to learn it was possible. Its hard to understand why in this Day & Age XM Radio isn't standard equipment on a vehicle of this caliper!
bigpapaporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:36 PM   #4
hotfudge
2015.5 Unity TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefin View Post
No provisions for xm with the audio 15.

If you want it to look factory: Youíll want to call or email and verify exactly what model you need from these guys https://www.vaistech.com/product/gsr-mb02-w-tuner-kit/

If you donít care how ghetto it looks use this https://shop.siriusxm.com/onyx-ez-vehicle.html

I use the latter and one day will pony up for the former.
I have the XM Onyx radio/base hard wired on our Sprinter dash behind the speedo. It plays through the Audio 15 and upgraded speakers plus sub woofer. I move the Onyx between our MH, home dock and another vehicle dock. That way, only ONE account for three locations.
hotfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 04:48 AM   #5
Onefin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfudge View Post
I have the XM Onyx radio/base hard wired on our Sprinter dash behind the speedo. It plays through the Audio 15 and upgraded speakers plus sub woofer. I move the Onyx between our MH, home dock and another vehicle dock. That way, only ONE account for three locations.
I too have the Onyx and have had one since 2014.....theyíre cheap (sometimes free with a new subscription) and easy.
I just hate the way they look.....
If I had multiple locations like you do , Iíd rethink that....Iíd never want to pay 3x monthly xm fees....
Onefin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:32 PM   #6
skipsteller

I have the Onyx on a sandbag mount in my 2016 Ascent. It sits in the cubby hole behind the speedo and plugs into the accessory jacks on the right side of the cubby hole; one for signal and one for power. The antenna wire is routed down the front of the dash beside the speedo, but you can't see it because it's tucked in the crack where two parts of the dash come together. It then goes under the dash, out of the firewall into the engine compartment, out of the engine compartment beside the drivers side hood hinge, then under the rubber window seal, then straight on up to the front edge of the roof (this last part is covered with metal tape and stays put). The antenna stays where you put it with the magnetic mount. I also have a remote for easy channel surfing. It's neat and great signal.... just wish I had a better stereo system :)
skipsteller is offline   Reply With Quote