Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Great West Vans

Old 05-15-2019, 04:22 PM   #21
Yardsale

Default Re: Battery disconnect

Anyone know if the 2019 Sprinters have a battery disconnect? I can't find one anywhere and the owner's manual doesn't mention one. I looked under the hood, near the accelerator pedal, under all floorboards, in seat pedestals..... nothing. Seems there should be something, somewhere, otherwise, it's a bit tedious to disconnect the terminals every time you want to do any small electrical work (i.e. disconnect the plug to an airbag).

Side note, I disconnected the airbag plug in the passenger seat to install a swivel, with no key in the ignition, and when starting the van the next time (after plug had been reconnected), I got the infamous SRS light and it doesn't self correct. This time, I will disconnect all power to the van.
Yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:31 AM   #22
Yardsale

Okay, I finally found it. Actually, the dealership found it and showed me...... It's still near the accelerator pedal, but hidden behind a small panel. The panel doesn't appear to open, but it swings down from the top at a bit of an angle ("hinged" on the bottom seam which is actually on a slant). The disconnect is inside the panel, although it's hard to see, you'll need a flashlight.

I was also told to allow about 10 minutes, after disconnecting power, for the systems to go to sleep, prior to engaging in electrical work.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:35 AM   #23
Yardsale

By the way, the iCarsoft i980 and MB II are not yet compatible with 2019 Sprinters. Perhaps someday, but not today. Dealership had to reset the SRS, I didn't try the DIY resistor work around.