Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > NCV3 Sprinters > NCV3 Talk

NCV3 Talk General Discussions related to NCV3 Sprinters.

Old 09-20-2019, 04:00 PM   #1
72chevy4x4

Default rumble strip noise elimated

I've had the rumble strip noise as many describe it, for at least 50k miles and have had the parts to fix it on my shop shelf for over two years. Finally got around to installing the new lockup solenoid, conductor plate assembly, adapter plug housing and MB fluids.

For those interested-the job took about 6 hours, with frequent breaks. Removed the transmission crossmember. The torque converter plug came out easily. The front bolts for the valve body assembly are difficult to reach and I stripped one out. Used vice grips to remove but reinstalled on the other end so it was easier to reinstall. Torque values for those are iirc 71-ftlbs

First test drive and had a very small rumble three times but I didn't worry too much because I knew the fluid level was likely a little low. It was and I added a can of BG's trans fluid. Have over 200 miles on the job and it shifts like old times.

All parts form europarts-sd.com. Been dealing with them for everything that doesn't have to be rushed from a dealer.
72chevy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 72chevy4x4 For This Useful Post:
GPLYNCHBURG (09-20-2019), sprint2freedom (09-22-2019)