Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > T1N Sprinters > T1N Talk

T1N Talk General Discussions related to T1N Sprinters.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:58 PM   #21
kkanuck
LUV my T1N

Default Re: Emissions Recall Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Puttana View Post
Have any Dodge Sprinter owners even received the recall notice to date?

vic
My notice arrived in the mail today for a 2004!

We have no emissions testing in GA, so based on what little I know of this, I will not allow them to touch it in the fear it will make mileage worse, or cause faults like some have reported.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:02 PM   #22
Brokecanadian
2005 Cargo 2500 SHC NA

I received a second one (Ontario Canada) I'm ignoring this one too
Brokecanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:27 PM   #23
acollite

I also received the recall this weekend in MI, but we dont have vehicle inspections and I have a GDE tune that I dont want to mess with ..
acollite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:11 PM   #24
Dougflas
DAD OWNER

Rec'd my recall notice on my 2005 today. I am not planning to let anyone touch it at this time. I have read about some members having problems after the recall and I do not want to be that boat.

Located in Beverly Hills, Fl.
Dougflas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:01 PM   #25
frank

Received my recall notice today in California from Fiat Chrysler. 2006 Dodge T1N.

My van is running fine and I have no plans to take it in for the recall!
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:51 PM   #26
CharlesinGA

Received the recall notice today. It appears that the computer does not monitor the Mass Air Flow Sensor for faults and thus does not flag it or set a code if the sensor is faulty. I suppose the computer does use the MAF information to control the engine, but simply doesn't tell you if the info is non-existent or inaccurate/out of range.

After reading the thread on the issues the Freightliner people have had with this, it will be a long time before I allow to have the computer reflashed. Cannot risk having my motorhome stuck at the dealer for weeks or months while they try to sort the problem out. There are no Dodge dealers in my area that were in business when T1N Sprinters were being sold, as the ones around here were shut down during the economic collapse and new ones have sprung up. I am sure they cannot properly service a Sprinter and most likely don't even have a Star module to access the computer with.

With no emissions tests here, I have no incentive to do anything stupid. When I hear of a Dodge dealer in the Southeast that has done the upgrades to several Sprinters without any issues, then I will take it to them and get it done.

Since this is a complete reflash of the computer, does this also fix the non working BRAKE warning light recall in one shot?

Charles
2007 Winnebago View 523H on a 2006 Dodge (Daimler-Chrysler aka Mercedes) Sprinter 3500 chassis (T1N). Bought Sept 2015 with 18K miles on it, Prog Ind HW30C, Prog Dymanics PD4645, Coleman Chill Grille, PML/Yourcovers.com deep alum trans pan, AutoMeter 8558 trans temp gauge, Roadmaster sway bar, Koni Red shocks (front & rear), Fantastic Ultra Breeze hood, added OEM parabolic mirrors and RH aspherical mirror, MB grill conversion.

Last edited by CharlesinGA; 11-21-2017 at 12:38 AM.
CharlesinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 12:11 AM   #27
DahSprinter

I am with many of the GA guys, my van runs great and I am usually on top of any pending issues. The few Dodge/Chrysler dealers in my are don't have enough Sprinter experience and taking a day off work to have someone play with it is not gonna work for me.
DahSprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 12:54 AM   #28
Throttlejockey

Default Emissions Recall

Just got this notice on the mail today.

I remember reading horror shows on here before after they updated the ECU.

Anyone have it done yet with good results?

Last edited by Throttlejockey; 11-21-2017 at 12:58 AM.
Throttlejockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:13 AM   #29
Aqua Puttana
Poly - Thread Finder

Thanked 13,936 Times in 8,857 Posts

If I were to receive such a recall letter I wouldn't announce it on a public forum for a couple reasons.

I wouldn't need to broadcast my intentions publicly.

I wouldn't want to awaken already too busy emissions bureaucrats about the possibility of some vehicles missing out on the recall.

If you are warm and happy in a pile of sh!t. Keep your mouth shut.

Once upon a time, there was a little sparrow who decided to be different from all the other birds by not flying south for winter. Needless to say, it soon got so cold that the little bird reluctantly started south anyway. As he flew along, the little bird grew cold and ice formed on his wings which caused him to fall to the ground in a barnyard. A cow wandered by and **** on him. This may seem terrible, but it warmed the poor bird and thawed the ice so that the bird began to chirp and sing. A cat wandered by, heard the noise, and dug through the manure until he found the bird and ate him.

The moral of this story is:
* Being different makes you cold, lonely, and gets you **** on.
* Everyone who ****s on you is not necessarily your enemy.
* Everyone who digs you out of the **** is not necessarily your friend.
* If you are warm and happy in a pile of ****, keep your mouth shut.
www.reddit.com

vic

Members have a 24 hour edit window for their posts which includes the ability to delete.

(Somebody did ask though. I deleted mine. )
Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. Publilius Syrus
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't." HaWiiLuVeR
16 ounces of unnecessary prevention can be worth a pound of manure.

Last edited by Aqua Puttana; 11-21-2017 at 02:22 AM.
Aqua Puttana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aqua Puttana For This Useful Post:
Hooligan (11-21-2017), Old Crows (11-30-2017), quillaja (12-19-2017), sikwan (12-06-2017), SneakyAnarchistVanCamper (12-05-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 02:21 AM   #30
Carminooch615

I read this thread and found a lot of trepidation on complying with this recall. What I was curious about was whether people had any specific bad experiences and what any downside to this could be?

The wording on the recall notice makes me believe the dealer may inspect or replace emissions equipment including my EGR and intake system. My egr is sticking intermittently. So far from what I can gather, I see potentially a new egr in my future? FO FREE?! I mean, I guess I could clean it.
Carminooch615 is offline   Reply With Quote