Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Pictures & Videos Sprinter Pictures & Videos

Old 11-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #11
brucetheparishiltonfan

Default Re: How to Upload Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikwan View Post
Let's say you're in Paint. Click on Image, Attributes (Cntrl-E). With your file, it should read Width=1296 and Height=972.
My problem was when I clicked on Image, Attributes, the "units" was CM, not pixels.

Thanks so much for the help! I posted my pics in the "washing the rooftop" thread.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #12
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 7,922 Times in 5,778 Posts

Quote:
easier photo processor try Picasa2.
To quote from Picasa's user guide:
Quote:
One of the most popular -- and most hidden -- features of Picasa is the ability to resize photos. Use the Export button to quickly resize your photos.
..so it's not blatantly obvious (and Picasa does other things.. some good, some interestingly intrusive on your system)
(for example: during installation there is no obvious way to *prevent* it from scanning a good chunk of your system looking for photos)

If you *just* want to resize photos, there are free dedicated apps for that purpose.
One is "Photo Resize Magic" from http://www.realfiletools.com/free/
To resize: 1. Set new photo size (50% or 800*600 etc.).
2. Click menu "File" item "Resize single photo".
3. Select a photo and click OK.

Me? I usually use Paint (the "CM" is a drop-box... you can select which measurement system you'd like), but i'm trying Picasa due to jammy's posting. (which generated the "intrusive" comment above (it's been scanning my My Doc area for the last 15 minutes))

--dick
p.s. Picasa is now up to version 3.8
p.p.s. Picasa resize instructions: http://picasa.google.com/support/bin...y?answer=13821
((as always: this post may go through a couple of post-posting edits... so maybe give it ten minutes before commenting))

Last edited by autostaretx; 06-30-2011 at 04:05 PM.
autostaretx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #13
marty1

Click on Insert Image button.
Enter the URL of the image.

When I am logged in I see some text. When I log out I see the picture. Am I doing something wrong?
marty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #14
sikwan
06 T1N Can

Thanked 1,819 Times in 836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty1 View Post
When I am logged in I see some text. When I log out I see the picture. Am I doing something wrong?
I see the (linked) picture when I'm logged in and logged off. You should be seeing the same. Try using a different browser.
sikwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:33 AM   #15
Altered Sprinter
Happy Little Vegemite

Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,862 Posts

I find using the forums attachments... { } Far Superior than a third party link that does a runner, as many do.
autum 007 (Custom)-1 copy.jpg
Signed permanent resident.

No Shalam - No Shalom
Now lets take back the - Sprinter-Forum.

Of course I'm being totally biased.
Driving my life Away in a 313 Cdi Mercedes-Sprinter

Altered Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #16
heckler

Great site guys, but I can't believe you're not using the [IMG] tags to show pictures instead of having to click on each and every one of your attachments.

for example.

[IMG ]http://topgeek.smugmug.com/Other/Random-2011/i-g9NVMVx/0/L/DSC04118-L.jpg[/IMG]

without the spaces after IMG results in

Copy a url to the picture (right click, properties), then the little yellow mountain and sun icon in the reply to thread box.

You can do this with any uploaded file, including ones that get attached to a thread.

[IMG ]http://sprinter-source.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36280&d=1313644131[/IMG]

results in

mods? why isn't this working?

hmmm.... I just changed from Chrome to Firefox. Seems the [IMG] tags aren't working in Chrome, but they work fine for me on other forums.

Last edited by heckler; 09-09-2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: whoa. lame. this isn't working on this site.
heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #17
sikwan
06 T1N Can

Thanked 1,819 Times in 836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by heckler View Post
Great site guys, but I can't believe you're not using the [IMG] tags to show pictures instead of having to click on each and every one of your attachments.
Reason why uploading is better than hosting a picture at some other site and using [img] tags is because the image stays with us and becomes part of the forum. A lot of free picture hosting sites do not host images forever. The ones that do host images forever, the user may mistakenly delete or feel like they need to remove pictures that they don't need which cause grief on write-ups.

I actually like your train of thought (host images somewhere else and use the [img] tag) because it saves on server bandwidth, but only for non-crucial, non-Sprinter related content.

Quote:
for example.

[PHP][/PHP]
The above link between [img] tags works for me.

Quote:
You can do this with any uploaded file, including ones that get attached to a thread.

[PHP][/PHP]
The above works for me (logged in only), but why would you want to wrap [img] tags around an uploaded file? Just place them inline.

The only reason to wrap [img] tags around uploaded images is when you're referencing an image that you did not upload (belongs to another user that you want to quote).

Quote:
mods? why isn't this working?

hmmm.... I just changed from Chrome to Firefox. Seems the [IMG] tags aren't working in Chrome, but they work fine for me on other forums.
It works for me, but the key thing is that you need to be logged in to the forum to view images that were uploaded. It saves on server bandwidth when users are required to log in and view images. Plus, it prevents bandwidth being stolen if someone links pictures that reside on this site.

I think what you're seeing is Firefox caches its images when you're logged in. Then when you log off, you see the image that Chrome doesn't see.
sikwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:53 AM   #18
Pierre la Large

I am having a problem posting photos when I click on manage attachments I can up load 5 pics but only the last one selected comes up when I click on the paper clip.
The pics are only small 85 kb so size shouldn't be the problem .
Any help would be appreciated .

Pierre La Large
2004 413 CDI sprinter Winnebago
Sprintshift
Pierre la Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:25 AM   #19
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 7,922 Times in 5,778 Posts

Quote:
I can up load 5 pics but only the last one selected comes up
Try something in the "test" section of the forum... http://sprinter-source.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Browse for, and upload, five images.
Then re-open the Manager window (the one that controls browsing and uploading)
Does it show all five (eligible for "Removing")?
If yes, proceed to: close that windowlet, and just end (submit/post) your test message... DON'T try to use the paperclip to position them.
Closing a posting with photos pending in the "upload" condition should cause all five to be appended to the message
(now open it as a Reader, and see if they're there)

What browser (IE (what version), Firefox, Safari, Chrome?) are you using, and what operating system (Windows (flavor), Mac OSX, other)

--dick
((as always: this post may go through a couple of post-posting edits... so maybe give it ten minutes before commenting))
autostaretx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #20
Pierre la Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by autostaretx View Post
Try something in the "test" section of the forum... http://sprinter-source.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Browse for, and upload, five images.
Then re-open the Manager window (the one that controls browsing and uploading)
Does it show all five (eligible for "Removing")?
If yes, proceed to: close that windowlet, and just end (submit/post) your test message... DON'T try to use the paperclip to position them.
Closing a posting with photos pending in the "upload" condition should cause all five to be appended to the message
(now open it as a Reader, and see if they're there)

What browser (IE (what version), Firefox, Safari, Chrome?) are you using, and what operating system (Windows (flavor), Mac OSX, other)

--dick
Thanks for your suggestion but no joy I am using Safari as my browser when I select 5 images and upload them only the last selected comes up in the remove option box I have tried with only 2 photos and the result is the same.
Might be a problem with compatability with Safari(Apple).

Pierre La Large
2004 413 CDI sprinter Winnebago
Sprintshift
Pierre la Large is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre la Large For This Useful Post:
ColoradoTom (01-26-2015)