Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > T1N Sprinters > T1N Talk

T1N Talk General Discussions related to T1N Sprinters.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #11
kurt

Default Re: Sway Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaywoodBill View Post
Kurt, we heard you the first time. If you wish you can continue to nurse your unfortunate experience until it give you an ulcer, but please don't keep on bringing it to this forum.
Mr.BaywoodBill!
You don't like my complaint do "NOT" read.I provide a warning
and service to all forum members about this shady scam shop.
BTW.U'll see my problem with Upscale every time I see a plug from or about Upscale Automotive
Tualatin,Oregon on any Internet-Sprinter-Forum
FYI.Total transmission service cost,Original transmission oil and filter change,all my expenses,excluding the
big pain in the a*** between $700-$800
Wish you a speedy recovery from your chronic ulcer dondition.

My experience with Upscale Automotive Tualatin,Oregon

At 55K transmission oil and filter change.

2 of 6 oilpan retainers loose,2 completely missing.

2 rectangular rubber torque converter covers completely missing (access to torque converter drain plug)

Made 3 trips and 4hr on the road including $30 of diesel to retrieve all missing parts.

The cocky arrogant bitch behind the counter "ACT OF GOD" not teir foult.

Never got compensated for all my expenses.

Recently,at 100K I executed transmission oil and filter change myself and discovert oilpan magnet donut also missing.

If you like getting screwed for your money and shady workmanship take your Sprinter to Upscale Automotive in Tualatin,Oregon.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:26 AM   #12
Douglas Hicks

My last expeerience at Upscale

I took the 2005 in for a trailer hitch, wiring, and brake control. John did the work himself. The wiring at the hitch was run over the top of the hitch, so the wire was protected. He must have found a good source on zip ties, as the wireing does not hang down any place. The brake control was installed so I could see the read out and reach it for manual control. The trailer connector was installed at an angle so the trailer wire end will not stick out and get damaged. The trialer wire is protected by a fuse at the battery. I had mentioned to John I was thinking about a power wire from the auxillary battery to the trailer. I wanted to make sure the plug he installed had enough terminals, but I would install the wire when I was ready for it. He added that wire for me.

The front rotors and fuel filters I ordered were in stock for me. the only drawback, my loaner car was not the gray Sprinter in the parking lot, but a lowly Ford car.

He also showed me the 2 leaf rear springs he said I would need for the trailer. But those will wait until I get the trailer, sometime after our vacation to Thailand.
Douglas Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 10:09 AM   #13
Altered Sprinter
Happy Little Vegemite

Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Mr.BaywoodBill!
You don't like my complaint do "NOT" read.I provide a warning
and service to all forum members about this shady scam shop.
BTW.U'll see my problem with Upscale every time I see a plug from or about Upscale Automotive
Tualatin,Oregon on any Internet-Sprinter-Forum
FYI.Total transmission service cost,Original transmission oil and filter change,all my expenses,excluding the
big pain in the a*** between $700-$800
Wish you a speedy recovery from your chronic ulcer dondition.

My experience with Upscale Automotive Tualatin,Oregon

At 55K transmission oil and filter change.

2 of 6 oilpan retainers loose,2 completely missing.

2 rectangular rubber torque converter covers completely missing (access to torque converter drain plug)

Made 3 trips and 4hr on the road including $30 of diesel to retrieve all missing parts.

The cocky arrogant bitch behind the counter "ACT OF GOD" not teir foult.

Never got compensated for all my expenses.

Recently,at 100K I executed transmission oil and filter change myself and discovert oilpan magnet donut also missing.

If you like getting screwed for your money and shady workmanship take your Sprinter to Upscale Automotive in Tualatin,Oregon.
In defense of the one sided story as to up-scales reply
Please read page
Moderating for equal opportunity: Richard
No Shalam - No Shalom
Now lets take back the - Sprinter-Forum.

Of course I'm being totally biased.
Driving my life Away in a 313 Cdi Mercedes-Sprinter

Altered Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:37 PM   #14
motobueno

THANK YOU RICHARD!
I have had all of our service work done at Upscale.Shortly after our purchase in Dec.'06 we took the van to them for some upgrades.Hey-If it ain't broke-LETS UPGRADE!!(motorcycle saying)Hitch,Chip,Shocks,Sway bar and extra leaf spring in back.These mods were not cheap but I feel that they are worth it because we are going to have this van for a long time.The suspension mods made a very noticeable improvement in the handeling!Overall the truck is much more stable.It goes around corners like-- Lets just say- Please pull over and let me by!!With the extra leaf it is stiffer with no load.I hauled 2500 #'s from Ca to Wa last summer and the truck was a pleasure to drive.Empty it corners like it's on rails with very little body roll.
My recomendation would be the shocks and sway bar first.

This is a great clip of a Woman driving on the track.If you listen closely at the end you can hear them comment about how the sprinter is going around the OUTSIDE of the Lotus that it overtakes! I just love the squealing tires!!
motobueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:30 PM   #15
BaywoodBill
pre-Yuppiedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobueno View Post
This is a great clip of a Woman driving on the track.If you listen closely at the end you can hear them comment about how the sprinter is going around the OUTSIDE of the Lotus that it overtakes! I just love the squealing tires!!

Great race track clip. Wonder how they came by on the next lap.

2005 2500 cargo, long, tall
BaywoodBill is offline   Reply With Quote