Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk

Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk Common features found in Sprinter RV's and Conversions.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #11
Aqua Puttana
Poly - Thread Finder

Thanked 13,969 Times in 8,881 Posts
Default Re: Sprinter RV's look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebep View Post

that's a pretty nifty set up - does it "protect" below the sliding door well?
It didn't come with any provision for a skirt. I have used some EMT electrical conduit, some small tent stakes and a tarp to jury rig a skirt. I roll the tarp around the EMT and clamp that up against the bottom van edge underneath. I then blouse the tarp out around the rear tire, stake it down taut at the ends where it lays on the ground and use clips to attach to the air lock side material. A little bug spray around the edges and it seems OK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebep View Post
We found out down in the everglades how critical a good seal on the truck side of the unit is!!
I hear you. We haven't tried my method in the Everglades. It might not hold back that onslaught. With the air lock tent we always have the option of zipping up the tent and closing the van door for a safe retreat. So far so good though.

I use a tarp instead of screening because we have learned how the wind can whip in under the truck at night and chill anyone in the tent. I do have screen material, extra refrigerator door magnets, and duct tape in case we need air to come under the van for really hot weather camping. Thanks for the reply. vic
Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. Publilius Syrus
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't." HaWiiLuVeR
16 ounces of unnecessary prevention can be worth a pound of manure.

Last edited by Aqua Puttana; 04-13-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Aqua Puttana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:14 AM   #12
nebep

Default Re: Sprinter RV's look great!

Flamingo campground - star date - December 26, 2009.

The "Bug Tamer Plus" tag on the fellas jacket who was checking us in should've provided a better hint.....

Dan - Did you sew up your shower sock yourself or luck out and find that all ready to go??
nebep is offline   Reply With Quote