Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk

Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk Common features found in Sprinter RV's and Conversions.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:32 AM   #11
showkey

Thanked 1,668 Times in 1,140 Posts
Default Re: New Here... don't know which way to go in getting Sprinter based RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Puttana View Post
I'm continually amazed at how much difference a slide out makes in a trailer or an RV. They don't need to stick out very much to make a big difference. vic
+2 on the slide, small bath with a door and two beds
showkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:31 PM   #12
NurseDaddy

We're on our way out to look at a 2007 Vista Cruiser Mini - a class C on a 3500 sprinter chassis. Rear bed in the corner, bed over cab, and slide-out dinette. It's got the inline 5 turbo, with 15K miles on it. It's probably not going to have the same quality house as the Winnebago might, but he's asking $49,500 for it. A View or Navion in the same vintage would be more. There's a '08 View I might go see and the guy is talking to his wife about whether they'd take $65K for it. I went to an RV dealer yesterday, and we talked about the Vista Cruiser I'm going to look at. He says that $42K is trade-in value. $52-54K retail. He said if I buy it right, maybe around $45K, I could use it for a year and if I hate it, sell it for what I paid for it. He gets people coming buy looking for something similar, so he'd put it on his lot on consignment if I wanted to.
I'll let ya'll know what happens.
Thanks everyone for their contributions! And to the B class owners... I wish there was a way to sleep us 3 without being lined up in a row like sardines in a can, because I love the B class size (saw an awesome ERA 170X yesterday). Too bad there's no more Westys being made out of Sprinters.
NurseDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #13
Zach Woods
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseDaddy View Post
Thanks everyone for their contributions! And to the B class owners... I wish there was a way to sleep us 3 without being lined up in a row like sardines in a can, because I love the B class size (saw an awesome ERA 170X yesterday). Too bad there's no more Westys being made out of Sprinters.
Hello NurseDaddy -

I'm with you on the discouragement over no more Westy's (http://sprinter-forum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68) on the Sprinter (and in general)! Westfalia made very well designed and built Camper Van's. There are used Airstream Sprinter Westfalia's out there, though. One has just been advertised for sale on this very forum: http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum...ad.php?t=10927.

Good luck in your search for your Sprinter RV,

Zach
Zach Woods is offline   Reply With Quote