Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > T1N Sprinters > T1N Talk

T1N Talk General Discussions related to T1N Sprinters.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:55 AM   #1
02 Sprinter

Default Loss of Power???

FYI,,I was dirving back from the Blue Ridge PWY,with my Harley inside my 02Sprinter 2500. While going up a looong grade on I77,I had a loss of power BIG time..I slowly pulled onto the berm,flashers on..Opened the hood and began my search?? After a long inspection,I saw the problem...The lower turo hose had a 2"split right in the center. I drove very slowly to the next exit and luckily there was a T/A America there.However they did not have the hose but we split the hose and put a piece of pipe in the middle and clamped it tightly..It worked great all the way home to Ohio(400miles).But if the split had been any other place on the hose I probably would not have found it.I hope this may be of some help for others.Also as I said,I had my Harley and wife and LOTS of luggage etc. and I got 650 miles on this tank of Fuel..My reserve light was on for the last 45miles..I always get 550+ miles on a tank..Regards,02Sprinter
02 Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:29 AM   #2
sikwan
06 T1N Can

Thanked 1,819 Times in 836 Posts
Default Re: Loss of Power???

Hey 02, did it generate any check engine light? I'm guessing the loss of power was the lost in boost or did it go into limp mode?

Thanks!
sikwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:10 PM   #3
02 Sprinter

Default Re: Loss of Power???

Sikwan,,No check engine light..I assume it was in Limp mode as I could only go about 35mph?? Although I was being very careful not to push it..Do you happen to know a good source for a complete set of hoses?? This hose looked perfect,BUT.....? Kind Regards,02Sprinter
02 Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote