Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Jayco

Old 07-01-2016, 08:32 PM   #21
pfflyer

Thanked 1,194 Times in 943 Posts
Default Re: Any Jayco Melbourne Owners

Don't know if there is a relationship between the two but you are right they are same basic floorplan and very similar finishes.
2016 Jayco Melbourne 24K Class C on 2015 Sprinter chassis
pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:24 PM   #22
petersrc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakman View Post
I am also looking at this unit, having sold my class A. Trying to decide between the cab over bed and the entertainment system. Also want the diesel generator
Hi
New to this site ---------- just took possession of our 2017 Melbourne 24K, and opted for "Entertainment Center", in lieu of the Bunk Bed. Would recommend this to anyone not really needing the extra sleeping space. We use it to store some of our less frequently needed "stuff".
We, too, committed to a major downsize from the 41' Monaco, Camelot with four slides, etc.
Still "getting used to" all the differences in size, comfort, quality, etc.,.

To highlight a few concerns:
*Dinette seat cushions "suck" ------ too soft. Hoping to have replaced with Firm/High Density Foam.
*Dash Instrumentation lacks "needed" information, e.g. no temp gauge, boost, load, etc. Have ordered UltraGauge EM-Plus.
*Wheel Alignment/Balance wanting.-I had it realigned, but still feel "vibration". Re-balancing arranged.

I notice similar experience/viewpoints posted for other Sprinter based units. Hope we can resolve soon.

Rudy
petersrc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:31 PM   #23
sailquik

Thanked 4,607 Times in 2,880 Posts

petersrc2,
Where did you have the front end alignment and wheel balancing done?
The very close tolerance on the alignment pretty much requires the Hunter Engineering/MB Sprinter USA
Alignment tree/system.
As far as wheel balancing you need to ask whoever is doing the balancing if they are using the Haweka Pro 6
5 series/3500 USA Sprinter wheel adapters.
If not, they may not be able to give you a really accurate wheel balance because they cannot get the wheels
centered on the balance machine spindle concentrically.
MB Commercial/Sprinter shops have the right tools....almost no one else does.
Hope this helps,
Roger
Suspension Seats, Active Safety Package +, Parktronic, OEM Hitch/wiring
OEM back up camera, Bi Xenon light package, fog lamps, headlight washers.
Had 2006 T1N 3500/158|2010 NCV3 519/3500/144|2011 & 2012 NCV3 519/3500 170
sailquik is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sailquik For This Useful Post:
petersrc2 (08-12-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 10:35 PM   #24
pfflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersrc2 View Post
Hi
New to this site ---------- just took possession of our 2017 Melbourne 24K, and opted for "Entertainment Center", in lieu of the Bunk Bed. Would recommend this to anyone not really needing the extra sleeping space. We use it to store some of our less frequently needed "stuff".
We, too, committed to a major downsize from the 41' Monaco, Camelot with four slides, etc.
Still "getting used to" all the differences in size, comfort, quality, etc.,.

To highlight a few concerns:
*Dinette seat cushions "suck" ------ too soft. Hoping to have replaced with Firm/High Density Foam.
*Dash Instrumentation lacks "needed" information, e.g. no temp gauge, boost, load, etc. Have ordered UltraGauge EM-Plus.
*Wheel Alignment/Balance wanting.-I had it realigned, but still feel "vibration". Re-balancing arranged.

I notice similar experience/viewpoints posted for other Sprinter based units. Hope we can resolve soon.

Rudy
Welcome to the forum. I was thinking on replacing the dinette with a reclining love seat but have learned to like it for work and eating. The dinette cushions aren't bad for us but we are coming up from a self converted Sprinter that is used mostly for work. Sailquick is right about the balancing and has a lot of hints on how to get the most from your Sprinter chassis using the Ultra-gauge. Lots of good folks and information here about your chassis and coach even though there are only a couple of us here with the Melbourne but a lot of the components in the coach are used in other brands.

What other issues are you having?
Old 08-12-2016, 07:00 AM   #25
petersrc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailquik View Post
petersrc2,
Where did you have the front end alignment and wheel balancing done?
The very close tolerance on the alignment pretty much requires the Hunter Engineering/MB Sprinter USA
Alignment tree/system.
As far as wheel balancing you need to ask whoever is doing the balancing if they are using the Haweka Pro 6
5 series/3500 USA Sprinter wheel adapters.
If not, they may not be able to give you a really accurate wheel balance because they cannot get the wheels
centered on the balance machine spindle concentrically.
MB Commercial/Sprinter shops have the right tools....almost no one else does.
Hope this helps,
Roger
Thanks Roger
I initially tried some of the "regular" tire dealers who weren't set up to deal with Sprinter Motorhome ------- Eurotech was recommended and took on the job.
At the time of doing so, I hadn't yet read the various post (including yours) pointing out the need for specific equipment. At this point I do not yet know whether the do/don't have the Haweka Pro 6 (kit). Will check that out.
As it happens, we're leaving tomorrow a.m. for the dealer from whom we purchased the Melbourne. They've been informed that we still feel the vibration at highway speeds, and intend to re-balance the wheel ------- will discuss the newly garnered "requirements"
Thanks, again, for your information.
Rudy
Old 08-12-2016, 07:38 AM   #26
petersrc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfflyer View Post
Welcome to the forum. I was thinking on replacing the dinette with a reclining love seat but have learned to like it for work and eating. The dinette cushions aren't bad for us but we are coming up from a self converted Sprinter that is used mostly for work. Sailquick is right about the balancing and has a lot of hints on how to get the most from your Sprinter chassis using the Ultra-gauge. Lots of good folks and information here about your chassis and coach even though there are only a couple of us here with the Melbourne but a lot of the components in the coach are used in other brands.

What other issues are you having?
Thanks "PF" for your response
As for "other issues" ---------- don't want to sound too critical, but, we experienced some of the same issues already noted in others' posts.
*forward dinette window opened a couple of times on trip home from dealer (350 Km)
*Cosmetics: a) EdgeTrim on laminate table is not quite flush with table top, and b) wallpaper trim behind sink/range, in our opinion, is functionally impractical, and looks ???
We installed some self-adhesive aluminum tile "backsplash" from countertop to microwave height.
*Electrical switches/outlets installed in odd (not handy) locations ------- especially, the switch for the two LED lights forward of the Entertainment Cabinets, and the outlet near the base of the dinette seat and the outer wall.
*Door latch issue? Seems to me that the door latch to door jam tolerances are too tight; irritable squeak all the way home, without the ability to easily adjust same. Dealer issue!
Phew ----- didn't mean to make it sound so bad. We chose the small Sprinter to ease mobility/parking/storage, for it's better fuel economy, etc. Hopefully, we'll learn to enjoy it "shortly".
Rudy
Old 04-26-2017, 10:38 AM   #27
vanoudenhoven

Good morning. I just purchased a Jayco Melbourne 24M. Love the space with the murphy bed. The problem right from the get go has been the slideout. Extending it works fine but I have to reset at the dual controller to get it to come back in. I get a code with 9 red lights and one green. That code means "hall power short to ground". It says this is usually a wiring problem.
It's under warranty of course so I'll have it looked at. This time of year, there is a bit of a wait to get it in. Irritating with a brand new unit. Anyone with similar problems? What was the ultimate cause? GVO
vanoudenhoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:55 PM   #28
pfflyer

Welcome to the forum. I haven't had that issue and haven't read about it on this forum or the Jayco owners forum http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/. There are several brands that use the Schwintek in-wall slide out and maybe someone here has had that issue.
Have you called Jayco Tech help yet? I called them with a question and they were very helpful. It also saved me a trip and time at the dealer.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:02 AM   #29
vanoudenhoven

Thanks pffyler. I have spoken with Jayco tech a few times already. They are helpful but couldn't do much diagnostic work on this issue. I did manage to get it in to a local non-Jayco RV service place after Jayco assured me they would pay for the repair there. Since that slideout manufacturer supplies so many different units, I thought there would be enough experience to get the job done. I'll keep my fingers crossed. GVO
vanoudenhoven is offline   Reply With Quote