Sprinter-Forum    
 

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk

Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk Common features found in Sprinter RV's and Conversions.


 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2020, 04:11 PM   #21
Cheyenne
UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
 
Cheyenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 3,246
Thanks: 154
Thanked 2,019 Times in 1,396 Posts
Default Re: Auxiliary fuel line in a 2006?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam7118 View Post
I just find it strange that I have the button on the dash for the factory auxiliary heater. Lights up when you push it too.
What does the button look like? I thought the two switch options for the factory fit eSpar where the central horizontal bar of the round heater control OR the 7 day timer.

Could the switch you are referring to be something like the rear heater control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam7118 View Post
I wish there was some way to tap in without dropping the tank.
Have you looked at the front of the tank for a very small diameter nylon or rubber hose heading forwards. If it was there from the factory it may have a small electric dosing pump mounted to the chassis rail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyfin View Post
My H12, aka D5 Hydronic is mounted near the exhaust of the unit under the drivers position floor.
Micky,

Your 2012 is an NCV3 and has the eSpar heater in a different location to that on a T1N.

Keith.
__________________
2004 UK Spec 313CDi (OM611 2.2 litre 4 Cylinder Manual Non-ABS)
Auto-Trail 'Cheyenne' Coachbuilt Motorhome
36,000 miles from New

Sprinter reference info site http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/

Last edited by Cheyenne; 01-14-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:39 PM   #22
adam7118
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Auxiliary fuel line in a 2006?

https://imgur.com/a/LsxPOuW

This is the button Im referring to
adam7118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:08 PM   #23
Cheyenne
UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
 
Cheyenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 3,246
Thanks: 154
Thanked 2,019 Times in 1,396 Posts
Default Re: Auxiliary fuel line in a 2006?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam7118 View Post
https://imgur.com/a/LsxPOuW

This is the button Im referring to
That looks like heated rear screen!

Yep, here's one for a Vito... https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/MERCEDES-VI...307/1713881303
__________________
2004 UK Spec 313CDi (OM611 2.2 litre 4 Cylinder Manual Non-ABS)
Auto-Trail 'Cheyenne' Coachbuilt Motorhome
36,000 miles from New

Sprinter reference info site http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/
Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:12 PM   #24
adam7118
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Auxiliary fuel line in a 2006?

ah ok that makes sense. Thanks!
adam7118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 11:52 PM   #25
adam7118
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Auxiliary fuel line in a 2006?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne View Post
What does the button look like? I thought the two switch options for the factory fit eSpar where the central horizontal bar of the round heater control OR the 7 day timer.

Could the switch you are referring to be something like the rear heater control?



Have you looked at the front of the tank for a very small diameter nylon or rubber hose heading forwards. If it was there from the factory it may have a small electric dosing pump mounted to the chassis rail.



Micky,

Your 2012 is an NCV3 and has the eSpar heater in a different location to that on a T1N.

Keith.

Keith,

I will check this in the nm to see if that hose is there.
adam7118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:45 PM   #26
adam7118
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Auxiliary fuel line in a 2006?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne View Post
What does the button look like? I thought the two switch options for the factory fit eSpar where the central horizontal bar of the round heater control OR the 7 day timer.

Could the switch you are referring to be something like the rear heater control?



Have you looked at the front of the tank for a very small diameter nylon or rubber hose heading forwards. If it was there from the factory it may have a small electric dosing pump mounted to the chassis rail.



Micky,

Your 2012 is an NCV3 and has the eSpar heater in a different location to that on a T1N.

Keith.


I did find two lines comping from the tank. Id guess one is a fuel line and one is a return. Im not too sure if I can tap into these. They are not rubber. Here is a photo

https://imgur.com/if99aKZ
adam7118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:59 PM   #27
adam7118
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Auxiliary fuel line in a 2006?

My other thought was to drill directly into the diesel fill and slide the tube down and apply caulk. I don't believe this needs to be airtight.
adam7118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 12:03 AM   #28
Zundfolge
1-2-4-5-3
 
Zundfolge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Woodacre, CA
Posts: 596
Thanks: 263
Thanked 274 Times in 166 Posts
Default Re: Auxiliary fuel line in a 2006?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam7118 View Post
I did find two lines comping from the tank. Id guess one is a fuel line and one is a return. Im not too sure if I can tap into these. They are not rubber. Here is a photo

https://imgur.com/if99aKZ
A few things:

1-Those steel lines are your engine fuel supply and return lines. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES do you tap into those!

2-Your Vin did not return the heater option correct? If you don't have the factory espar you have exactly one option: run the fuel to almost none, then drop the tank and install a standpipe into the fuel pickup/pump cartridge. NOT DIRECTLY INTO THE FUEL TANK! I believe this has all been mentioned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam7118 View Post
My other thought was to drill directly into the diesel fill and slide the tube down and apply caulk. I don't believe this needs to be airtight.
Yeah no

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam7118 View Post
So the only way to tap in is to drop the tank?
Yeah yeah
__________________
'06 Sprinter ~270K
'83 Mercedes OM617 manual

https://nicktavasieff.smugmug.com

Last edited by Zundfolge; 01-17-2020 at 12:05 AM.
Zundfolge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 12:15 AM   #29
adam7118
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Auxiliary fuel line in a 2006?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundfolge View Post
A few things:

1-Those steel lines are your engine fuel supply and return lines. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES do you tap into those!

2-Your Vin did not return the heater option correct? If you don't have the factory espar you have exactly one option: run the fuel to almost none, then drop the tank and install a standpipe into the fuel pickup/pump cartridge. NOT DIRECTLY INTO THE FUEL TANK! I believe this has all been mentioned?



Yeah no



Yeah yeah
I appreciate it big time. Thought I could find a way around it. Standpipe it is
adam7118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 12:19 AM   #30
Zundfolge
1-2-4-5-3
 
Zundfolge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Woodacre, CA
Posts: 596
Thanks: 263
Thanked 274 Times in 166 Posts
Default Re: Auxiliary fuel line in a 2006?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam7118 View Post
I appreciate it big time. Thought I could find a way around it. Standpipe it is
I understand the urge to get around dropping the tank but it truly is not as bad as it sounds. If you get hung up we'll help you. Gotta pay the price for heat, but it's worth it many times over. You know what they say, installing a heater warms you twice...
__________________
'06 Sprinter ~270K
'83 Mercedes OM617 manual

https://nicktavasieff.smugmug.com
Zundfolge is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.