Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk

Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk Common features found in Sprinter RV's and Conversions.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:39 AM   #1
ROGUERN

Default Question regarding Sprinter/Interstate

I'm an RN and work in two locals driving from 60-100 miles, 5 days a week working 12 hour shifts. I have two Mercedes that I switch between to split up the milage. A few weeks ago I stumbled across the Interstate and fell in love with the whole idea of this thing. I've got some questions:

I have played out in my mind how this would work for me. Taking sodas, dry good, change of clothes, with me and 'stocked' all the time. How nice it would be to have some of my things, right out in the parking lot. Going to Walmart ( 35 miles away from my home) with my 2 children...them watching TV or playing Video games, with bathroom and snacks right there. Picking them up from school ( 1/2 hour wait between the 11 and 16 year olds get out time) and having a place for homework and to just chill.

WHAT is the possiblilty of using one of these as a principal driver all the time? I've mentioned the Mercedes reference just to state I'm aware of the costly maintenance of them, but their reliability. Everything about this says yes. I'd love some input from you folks that have them to say yea or nay about this idea. I"ve found an 05 with low mileage for around 50k that is the right color and interior set up I'd like ( mid sleeper, rear kitchen).

Thanks in advance,

Gus
ROGUERN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
boardster

Default Re: Question regarding Sprinter/Interstate

You CAN buy time!
Wealthy people do it frequently.
Why do you think they have a driver in their limo?
They get work done while in transit much more efficiently than texting while driving.
Corporate jet =same thing: $ creates more usable time.
If the neccesary maintenence of the systems eats up all of your time savings, you don't win.
But, you still have the motor home to take the kids on trips with, so you still come out ahead.
Once the kids can drive they can chauffer you around while you nap when they are on break.
boardster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:33 PM   #3
sikwan
06 T1N Can

Thanked 1,809 Times in 832 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGUERN View Post
WHAT is the possiblilty of using one of these as a principal driver all the time? I've mentioned the Mercedes reference just to state I'm aware of the costly maintenance of them, but their reliability. Everything about this says yes. I'd love some input from you folks that have them to say yea or nay about this idea. I"ve found an 05 with low mileage for around 50k that is the right color and interior set up I'd like ( mid sleeper, rear kitchen).
About 80% of the users use it as their principal driver.

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/sho...r+daily+driver
sikwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:20 PM   #4
jdcaples
Not Suitable w/220v Gen

Thanked 3,608 Times in 1,934 Posts

For your situation, I'd have to say "go for it."

I wouldn't expect Dodge service and Sprinter-vehicle knowledge to match MB dealership service or MB vehicle knowledge, but you probably already know that.

I think you'll be happy with the decision if the vehicle was well cared for by the previous owner(s).

-Jon

US Tech info: http://www.sprintertekinfo.com
US Parts info: http://epc.startekinfo.com (Subscribe to world passenger car and light transport)

Americans may learn to use MB technical resources and parts information here:
http://www.sprintertekinfo.com/epcdemo/start.swf
jdcaples is offline   Reply With Quote