Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Pleasure-Way

Old 09-03-2015, 03:25 PM   #11
bl_smith25

Default Re: Tire suggestions? I'm a Newby

Ahh, good. The difference is the smaller Sprinter I guess. Once you drive the new off the tires (mine didn't take very long at all), you might try increasing the tire pressure a little at a time to see if it feels better.
As for the airbags, what you have is good. If you want it a little harder, increase it to 55 or so. From what I've been reading and my own, it seems anywhere between 50-60 is comfortable. It helps if you can adjust them on the fly, but of course to do that, you need to have the onboard compressor and inside gauges installed. It was an option back then so if the original owner didn't order it with them, they won't be there. Anyways, hope that helps.

B.L>
2006 PW Plateau
2005 3500 Cargo
2.6L 5cyl OM647
Brooklet, GA
bl_smith25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bl_smith25 For This Useful Post:
FloJoSprinter (09-04-2015)
Old 09-04-2015, 03:06 AM   #12
FloJoSprinter

Yes it ALL helps. :-)
FloJoSprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:56 PM   #13
FloJoSprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl_smith25 View Post
Ahh, good. The difference is the smaller Sprinter I guess. Once you drive the new off the tires (mine didn't take very long at all), you might try increasing the tire pressure a little at a time to see if it feels better.
As for the airbags, what you have is good. If you want it a little harder, increase it to 55 or so. From what I've been reading and my own, it seems anywhere between 50-60 is comfortable. It helps if you can adjust them on the fly, but of course to do that, you need to have the onboard compressor and inside gauges installed. It was an option back then so if the original owner didn't order it with them, they won't be there. Anyways, hope that helps.
Well our new tires are great. I did a slight increase in pressure & adjust the airbags to 60lbs on our last trip. Had the Ascent weighed & we were 50lbs short of maxing out on GVW. Thanks again!
FloJoSprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:56 PM   #14
bl_smith25

Great! Now, you just need to put your rig on a little diet, although we're all probably running at near maximum weight... :-)

B.L>
2006 PW Plateau
2005 3500 Cargo
2.6L 5cyl OM647
Brooklet, GA
bl_smith25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bl_smith25 For This Useful Post:
FloJoSprinter (10-20-2015)
Old 11-26-2018, 07:54 PM   #15
Westham

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl_smith25 View Post
I also have air bags on my 2008 PW TS and have just fitted a compressor and dials so I can adjust while driving, now getting a great smooth ride but I have not adjusted my tires yet, still running them at 47 fronts and 70 rears but may try and increase by a couple of pounds to see if that improves anything.
Westham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 03:27 PM   #16
vidwize

Hello,

I run a 2005 PW Plateau, I found being E rated tires rear tires 80psi is fine at max pressure with front 65 .... If your running with the Firestone ride right rear airbags the manufacture recommends filling the airbag to rear tire pressure .... I found my airbags would not hold air very long, ( No compressor on board ) but two rear air zerks under rear bumper. after dismantling and inspecting all air couplers, which were tight and as manufactured, I removed the shredder valve and pumped in Green tire slime ( Pep Boys) reinstalled the shedder valve and filled the airbags with 80psi air, then drove around town, Now I lose 1 pound of air per month. perfect !!! I found the RV more stable at high speeds 70mph+ with a very comfy ride

I use that green slime in both my Harley Davidsons bike rims, which leaked air all the time ... Now when I ride to motorcycle rallies out of town I know my tires will be full the whole trip, I have used the stuff for 35 years in all my equipment tires, One down side is once put in tire you can never patch a tire ..... But I would never patch an RV tire any why, Only replace with new !

Hope this helps someone with Air bag suspension Firestones holding air longer

Happy trails
vidwize is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vidwize For This Useful Post:
FloJoSprinter (06-22-2019), Westham (11-30-2018)