Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Dealer and Supplier List > Supplier Info, Reviews, and Experiences

Supplier Info, Reviews, and Experiences Got suppliers? List them here.

Old 04-16-2017, 12:22 PM   #31
flman
Flat Earther

Thanked 4,950 Times in 3,811 Posts
Default Re: Green Diesel Engineering Review: Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by autostaretx View Post
Here's a European report card about the cities that have (and haven't) implemented LEZs (Low Emission Zones): http://sootfreecities.eu/measure/low-emission-zone

No, they're not GPS-adjusted pollution controls, merely restrictions on which vehicles can go where.

--dick
I always thought that is how it should be done here as well, sell vehicle with emissions that fit the zone you are in. Not to fit one city and state, LA.
flman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:23 PM   #32
flman
Flat Earther

GDE, I was wondering do you have anything in the works for the Transit diesel, or is that another secure ECU?
Old 04-16-2017, 04:28 PM   #33
GreenDiesel
Green Diesel Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by flman View Post
GDE, I was wondering do you have anything in the works for the Transit diesel, or is that another secure ECU?
No plans to calibrate Ford vehicles in the aftermarket. They were the only OEM to pay their bills during the 2008 downturn when we worked for the OEMs. We still keep in contact with the engineering staff there and do not want to burn future bridges. GM and Chrysler are a different story as they walked away from their obligations when bankruptcy was declared.
flman (04-16-2017), HighPockets (04-25-2019), jcmadeintheshade@gmail.com (04-16-2017), Sprinter Bob (03-31-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 07:32 PM   #34
Scorpion

GDE I'm sure you have had this question asked a million times but I reserve the right being a newbe lol... BlueTech tuning in your future plans, specifically my 2012 ???
Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 01:02 AM   #35
apple guy

my experience with gde has been wonderful. did the tune to my 07 dodge sprinter and it felt like it turned it into a ferrari. so zippy, it's great! i live in muskegon, mi so i rolled down in person for a day trip 11-17 and they were amazing. i decided at the time not to get the tool and just let them do it and drive off to save some money, and was hoping to come back and get the tool in case some dealer takes away what they sold me. i called a couple of days ago to see if i could come and pay the difference to get the tool and they cheerfully offered to do the flash again from scratch and then send me away with the tool so i would have it. i would say that this was one of the best upgrade investments i have done to my sprinter since buying it. they are really nice people who have done a great service to this community.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:56 PM   #36
rimjaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple guy View Post
my experience with gde has been wonderful. did the tune to my 07 dodge sprinter and it felt like it turned it into a ferrari. so zippy, it's great! i live in muskegon, mi so i rolled down in person for a day trip 11-17 and they were amazing. i decided at the time not to get the tool and just let them do it and drive off to save some money, and was hoping to come back and get the tool in case some dealer takes away what they sold me. i called a couple of days ago to see if i could come and pay the difference to get the tool and they cheerfully offered to do the flash again from scratch and then send me away with the tool so i would have it. i would say that this was one of the best upgrade investments i have done to my sprinter since buying it. they are really nice people who have done a great service to this community.
My sentiments exactly, I purchased the GDE Tune for my 2005 T1N 2.7 turbo diesel, it has more power, runs smoother, and according to an individual standing next to my RV with the diesel engine running for about 7 minutes made the statement that my little diesel sure burns nice and clean, and this was in California. My little 2.7 used to downshift when driving east on I 10 starting at western border of Florida, it now makes no downshifts on any of the 6 or 7 grades whereas without the tune it used to downshift on all of them, and it's with the cruise control engaged.
I'm really satisfied with the GDE Tune and would buy it again.
Later, rimjaine.

Last edited by rimjaine; 05-20-2019 at 03:59 PM.
rimjaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:02 AM   #37
billintomahawk
'02 2.7 T!N Freightliner

Another satisified customer.
Installed the tune on my '02 2.7 today. My friend is a Microsoft guy and it went really smoothly. The instructions matched the screen shots perfectly. He is an online editor and was impressed.

A quick spin after install and the power increase is there if you want it but the elimination of the EGR and the worry about that failure are gone now. I couldn't be happier.

Thank you Green Diesel.
And a special thanks to the Support Team!!
They were there when needed to answer questions and provide reassurance.

bill in tomahawk
Transporter 1 Neu 154HP
2500 140"WB, low top
Tank, the repurposed van
https://www.sprinter-source.com/foru...ad.php?t=76877

Last edited by billintomahawk; 06-19-2019 at 04:05 AM.
billintomahawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:09 AM   #38
cebu97

Just installed the GDE Tune on my 2006 Pleasure Way.

Researched this tune a lot and it is a proven product........am very pleased with initial results.

Have to disagree about the install......my instructions did not always match real time options and some options presented contained all GDE Tunes/Vehicles. GDE needs redo its automated install script .....its primitive.

Craig----Cebu97
cebu97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:14 AM   #39
sajohnson
'09 View/08 3500 chassis

We got the GDE tune in 2014 and have been very happy with it.

We were going to Michigan anyway so we stopped by Keith's shop. It was a good experience.

I like smiller's idea of having emissions controls based upon GPS location. IDK how much the tune increases NOx. Keith said about 1% of the CO2 decrease which sounds like a good trade-off but I have no idea how much of a concern NOx is compared to CO2.

Foe example, methane is said to be a much more potent GHG than CO2. I understand methane does not = NOx, just pointing out that there are different strengths and effects from various gases.

So it may be that even though the NOx increase is only 1% of the CO2 decrease, that amount is significant. I don't know, just saying it's possible.

To the extent that the NOx increase is an issue in some urban areas, it would be nice to have the emissions system alter its operation based on location.

In fact, that's such a good idea I patented it. Yep, I'm gonna be filthy rich. Sorry smiller. Maybe I'll cut you in for a percentage.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:15 PM   #40
flman
Flat Earther

Quote:
Originally Posted by flman View Post
Now you have 2 promotional threads to keep GDE at the top of the latest posts. How much is he paying you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecowhale View Post
Not a promotion if you passed kindergarten (which apparently you didn't) and can read the title. Only GDE associates and affiliates (aka trolls) will read much past the headline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billintomahawk View Post
Another satisified customer.
Installed the tune on my '02 2.7 today. My friend is a Microsoft guy and it went really smoothly. The instructions matched the screen shots perfectly. He is an online editor and was impressed.

A quick spin after install and the power increase is there if you want it but the elimination of the EGR and the worry about that failure are gone now. I couldn't be happier.

Thank you Green Diesel.
And a special thanks to the Support Team!!
They were there when needed to answer questions and provide reassurance.

bill in tomahawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebu97 View Post
Just installed the GDE Tune on my 2006 Pleasure Way.

Researched this tune a lot and it is a proven product........am very pleased with initial results.

Have to disagree about the install......my instructions did not always match real time options and some options presented contained all GDE Tunes/Vehicles. GDE needs redo its automated install script .....its primitive.

Craig----Cebu97

Like I said a couple of years ago, Ecowhale did a great job promoting the tunes.